Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CEO cocktail May 9 in HK - anyone else going?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEO cocktail May 9 in HK - anyone else going?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: CX-DM TG-*G AF-Plat EK-Gold
I talked to DM+ team in the last Xmas Cocktail Reception, there were 20K+ DM globally.
I see you guys on 9/5! Are they going to reveal 2020 new F/J?
I noticed that only my colleagues earning > 1800 CP were invited
Most of them were invited in new product (new F/J) studies
Heard Low yield DM colleagues just touching 1200 CP were not invited

Little share:
Recently I had 4 double op-up with no reasons in addition to milestone and birthday occasion although PEY seats were available. And MPO manager Nicolas Masse met me up at jet bridge once when I deplaned. Briefly talked 15 mins. So special in the last few months. Hope there is something gonna happen end of this year (DM+ review in December). Now CP is 3000 and still have 2 months to target at least 3600 hopefully ^^
Say hi when met!

Last edited by GorillaW; May 4, 2019 at 11:30 am
Old May 5, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima
I will be there! How does one identify Flyertalkers so I can say hello to you guys?
Old May 5, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: CX, AC, CZ, HX, ZH, SQ
Originally Posted by Conkers
I will be there! How does one identify Flyertalkers so I can say hello to you guys?
I'll be at the reception too. Happy to meet but not sure how?
Old May 5, 2019, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by upward gaze
I'll be at the reception too. Happy to meet but not sure how?
Group buy FT lapel badge anyone? 😀🙏
Old May 5, 2019, 7:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by tedhl
this is interesting, if this is true...because I think I'm certainly far from being DM+, at least based on the flights that I credited to MPO. unless they indeed are able to capture my total "value" based on my other accounts esp BA? I usually just try to meet 1800 club points with MPO (i.e. usually it means exactly 52 x 35 club-points short-haul J flights). that's like 1/4 of my # flights last year...the other 3/4 are mostly CX/KA too and/or many higher value long haul J/F flights that I usually credit to BA where I get another 8k or so tier points a year...always wonder how/whether they capture such multi-oneworld-account situations.
Originally Posted by GorillaW
I talked to DM+ team in the last Xmas Cocktail Reception, there were 20K+ DM globally.
I noticed that only my colleagues earning > 1800 CP were invited
Heard Low yield DM colleagues just touching 1200 CP were not invited

Little share:
Recently I had 4 double op-up with no reasons in addition to milestone and birthday occasion although PEY seats were available. And MPO manager Nicolas Masse met me up at jet bridge once when I deplaned. Briefly talked 15 mins. So special in the last few months. Hope there is something gonna happen end of this year (DM+ review in December). Now CP is 3000 and still have 2 months to target at least 3600 hopefully ^^
Say hi when met!
Wow, I wonder if CX system is too 'stupid' to take into account early resets? I reset at 1600 every 4-6 months, plus my itineraries don't exactly mean low yield!
Old May 5, 2019, 10:06 am

I wonder if they consider other factors like complaint history. More docile DMs = easier outing for the execs.
Old May 5, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
I got invited to it, replied but no response from CX in confirming if I'm admitted to the cocktail.......
Old May 5, 2019, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by sscywong
I got invited to it, replied but no response from CX in confirming if I'm admitted to the cocktail.......
maybe they are waiting for the RSVP deadline to pass before confirming. Today I believe.
Old May 5, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: QR Platinum (OWE) / BA GOLD (OWE)/ CI Emerald (ST E+)/ SQ PPS (*G)
Originally Posted by jagmeets
I know that awards are just a part of the MPO experience, but those going, could you please ask the powers that be, as to why CX is preferring to release award seats to partners, rather than to DMs, and if they’ve indeed increased award availability by 20% as promised, last June.
DM should enjoy greater award availability, that's absolutely right.
Yet as a OWE I'm really tired of the whole CX treating OW members > DM rhetoric.
MPO members get much better award availability than partner members (and that's logical). But if CX doesn't respect its membership hierarchy then that's a problem with MPO, not partner members. The problem is that CX doesn't release ANY award seats anymore, not that it's releasing secret extra seats to partners. Just because CX doesn't treat DMs well enough doesn't mean OWs get anything more than what's prescribed by the alliance. Please don't blame partners for everything.
Old May 5, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by oliver_dvs
Please don't blame partners for everything.
Please read what I had posted - Nowhere did I blame any partner.

My point was for CX DMs to ask the CX team about something that I and other DMs have seen: CX awards that have been, or were, available to partner programs, but not to CX (And we booked via the partner program).
flubber, G-CIVC and FlyPointyEnd like this.
Old May 5, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: QR Platinum (OWE) / BA GOLD (OWE)/ CI Emerald (ST E+)/ SQ PPS (*G)

Please read what I had posted - Nowhere did I blame any partner.

My point was for CX DMs to ask the CX team about something that I and other DMs have seen: CX awards that have been, or were, available to partner programs, but not to CX (And we booked via the partner program).
In that case wouldn't it be more of an IT problem than a deliberate preference? I understand many DMs' frustration w CX, my point is to simply reiterate that partner members do not enjoy any preferential treatments.
Old May 5, 2019, 8:32 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
I know that awards are just a part of the MPO experience, but those going, could you please ask the powers that be, as to why CX is preferring to release award seats to partners, rather than to DMs, and if they’ve indeed increased award availability by 20% as promised, last June.
I was able to raise this with an exec at Asiamiles, and he admitted that it shouldn't have been the case. Not sure if there are still reports of availability via OW Partner but zero on CX.

Trying to see HKG-NRT redemptions via BA in August...they aren't showing any availability same on CX.com

Last edited by FlyPointyEnd; May 5, 2019 at 8:39 pm
Old May 5, 2019, 8:40 pm

In that case wouldn't it be more of an IT problem than a deliberate preference? I understand many DMs' frustration w CX, my point is to simply reiterate that partner members do not enjoy any preferential treatments.
Yes, and it seems that it had been since rectified.
Old May 5, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Sure- quite possible (note the choice of words) and whether that has been resolved or not (my view: not, and a failure of their processes to manually over-ride things in case of tech failures), is a CX issue that could inadvertently lead to preferential treatment for partners- something which could be discussed at events like these.

In either case, your rant about “CX treating OW members > DM rhetoric”, is possibly misplaced because there are people on this board, and indeed the thread, who have experienced that.
QRC3288 and FlyPointyEnd like this.
Old May 6, 2019, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by GorillaW
Isn't the 777-9 coming out by 2021? Would be seats be old by the time they roll it out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.