FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   MPC green better than no MPC for redeeming flights? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1967357-mpc-green-better-than-no-mpc-redeeming-flights.html)

culisu Apr 28, 2019 6:49 pm

MPC green better than no MPC for redeeming flights?

hi

just wondering if having MPC green is better than none when waitlisting for redemption flights?

Thanks!

C

Gongzuokuang Apr 29, 2019 12:50 pm

I would suppose that it helps in that it should push you up on the list if there are many names on the waitlist. But I'm not sure how anyone would know with certainty because Cathay keeps the whole process secret.

It think the green would help to communicate with them. You can call into MPC with green. Without green, I think you need to call into Asiamiles, which by all accounts on FT is a horrible experience.

Nicc HK Apr 29, 2019 6:18 pm

Good question. I don't fly CX much anymore but generate a lot of air miles through the AMEX card. My CX DM was on a holiday for the last time, and now technically am DM until my year end when I fall down the ranks to the bottom.

This means AMEX is my only link to MPC other than the odd regional flight.

So just being a plain Asia Miles member (albeit AA EXP) with a CX AMEX card (is it possible?) or maintaining green status is a question I need to think about. Especially as the only thing I can do is redeem miles at this point.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Gongzuokuang Apr 29, 2019 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Nicc HK (Post 31050480)

So just being a plain Asia Miles member (albeit AA EXP) with a CX AMEX card (is it possible?) or maintaining green status is a question I need to think about. Especially as the only thing I can do is redeem miles at this point.

I do this now. I either pay the $100, or fly a short regional once per year to get the 20 points needed. For me, even if I only fly them 3-4 times per year, it's well worth it to have a number to call to work things out.

wyskevin Apr 29, 2019 7:43 pm

1. For redeem booking, there is no difference between DM and GR. We all see the same availability online.
If no available seat, DM and GR both have to be on waiting list.

2. For waiting list, MPC elite does have priority to clear the waiting list.
Last year, I was on a waiting list TLV-HKG. In about one month, I recieved message that my waiting was cleared.
However, when checking online, nothing was available.
I assumed the system released only one seat and automatically assigned it to me.

Well, I hope MPC would offer some kinda of priority to GR on waiting list too, but Im not quite sure....