Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does CX block seats on long haul Y?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Does CX block seats on long haul Y?

Some American carriers block off seats for their frequent flyers to increase the odds of an empty seat. Does CX engage in this practice?

Thanks.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by Visconti
Some American carriers block off seats for their frequent flyers to increase the odds of an empty seat. Does CX engage in this practice?

Thanks.
I think they will if you are a DM and flying Y. @sxc @QRC3288 or @kaka should know the right answer!
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Two days ago, when checkin in SYD, flying PE to HKG, I requested my next seat blocked.
the ground crew said the system would automatically blocked the seat next to DM.
Unfortunately it was a completely full flight so there was still one guy sitting next to me.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Never mind. Already answered above.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Interestingly, I was on a flight from NRT to HKG in Y, which was nowhere near full (Expertflyer was showing Y9 all the way to Q9).
Someone managed to select the seat next to mine pre-check in (not sure if they still do soft seat block for DM). At the gate, I asked to move and checked if the seat next to me can be blocked. Was flatly rejected ("it is not possible to block seats" and "we cannot guarantee an empty seat next to you".)
In a turn of events, the FP noticed that I had moved seats last minute and offered an entire empty row.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ Gold
I'm not sure if the data point from SYD is just a difference from outport and HKG policy but I have been told once that they are not able to do so anymore and in fact had people sitting next to me on several light flights. Since then, I have never bothered to ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.