Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Can Business Class Passenger Dine with First Class Companion?

Can Business Class Passenger Dine with First Class Companion?

Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I've heard that FAA does have a regulation on all flights into US that pax must be seated in their assigned cabin, but I don't have the source. It doesn't hurt to ask, but I would expect a "no".
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:32 pm

This thread is peak CX FT forum!
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fakecd
if you are prepared to pay full fare F i am sure CX will kick off other "unworthy" passenger in F cabin for you.

i would be annoyed if cx didnt kick off redemption pax if someone willing to pay full fare F
huh? Someone who booked a mileage award months ago and made non-refundable plans should just be booted? that's not the way mileage awards work.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
if you are prepared to pay full fare F i am sure CX will kick off other "unworthy" passenger in F cabin for you.

i would be annoyed if cx didnt kick off redemption pax if someone willing to pay full fare F
You appear to live in cloud cookoo land.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
How much a passenger paid for their ticket is of no relevance to the OP's question. There's just no practical way for F and J pax to dine together on CX. Even if someone from F is awkwardly seated on the J ottoman, the tray table isn't big enough to fit two meals.

Originally Posted by chitink
huh? Someone who booked a mileage award months ago and made non-refundable plans should just be booted? that's not the way mileage awards work.

Of course not. Just like how someone who takes advantage of a cheaper ex-XMN ticket shouldn't be booted off to make way for full-fare ex-HKG pax
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30679429-post190.html
kaka, SFO777, MSPeconomist and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris
How much a passenger paid for their ticket is of no relevance to the OP's question. There's just no practical way for F and J pax to dine together on CX. Even if someone from F is awkwardly seated on the J ottoman, the tray table isn't big enough to fit two meals.

Of course not. Just like how someone who takes advantage of a cheaper ex-XMN ticket shouldn't be booted off to make way for full-fare ex-HKG pax
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30679429-post190.html

Oh how the tables have turned.
kaka likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX DM. BA Gold
Damm another one I will miss out on F upgrades then
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, United Gold
Originally Posted by christep
Believe it or not, it as actually possible to pay for First Class seats for money (I understand that this may be difficult for many people here to comprehend). That is the surefire way of having your beloved parents able to dine together.
You can convey the message without the snarky attitude. It's really not that difficult.
kaka and Gongzuokuang like this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by kaka

theoretically correct. theres no seatbelts there.

practically thats a different matter.

ive seen that happening, i know (at least 1) person who did it
I can see that happening if it’s the old coffin J seats. However, if it’s the current J, I can’t even see a 4 year old being able to fit there.
kaka likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by insomniac950
You can convey the message without the snarky attitude. It's really not that difficult.
+1
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: united
Business Class dining in First Class.

Fly in the cabin you are assigned. Otherwise Business will be flooded with cabin passengers and First Class will be flooded by Business Class passengers. Buy a ticket for first class in Business or Cabin does not meet your 'requirements'. Otherwise, you might appear as a interloper who is too cheap to buy a Business or a First Class ticket.
Betterthanyou likes this.

Last edited by flyertalksharkey; Mar 13, 2019 at 9:16 am Reason: SPELLING
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:59 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by etkuo

I can see that happening if it’s the old coffin J seats. However, if it’s the current J, I can’t even see a 4 year old being able to fit there.
maybe the old j was good and we should bring it back
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:47 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

naaah, we're good
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb

Ya, no thanks lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.