Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Adding Emerald status to asiamiles award booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Hi all

I used Asiamiles to make a business class award booking. I have no status with Cathay Pacific but have OWE with Qantas.

Will anything happen if I remove my Asiamiles number post ticketing and add my Qantas number so i can use First Class lounges and preferred seats?

thanks
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:46 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

should be fine. and if you aren't able to remove it, try the royal jordanian website
lachster likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
You can do it via CX's site. Go to "Manage booking" and using your record locator you should be able to change your frequent flyer program (which will default be with Asia Miles since it was a redemption ticket).
lachster likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
nothing will happen
ull get owe bennies
lachster likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
If you can't remove just call CX and they'll do it for you or you can do it at check-in. I've done it many times there.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 10:56 am

Ok, figured it out after a few calls (you cannot do this online, maybe in the past you could).
So you have to call in and get them to add it and get them to make it "priority" (cause you booked with AsiaMiles). The guy warned me it won't show up in my Asia Miles account anymore. And lo and behold, my baggage allowance went up after he did it.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
I called to TCP my (MPC Green) Asia Miles award flight with a relative on a paid ticket and my QFF status was added with no problems. Yes baggage allowance went up. Now to see if Business check-in will be allowed......

Happy wandering
Fred
Old Sep 22, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
deleted.

Last edited by pbd456; Sep 22, 2019 at 9:08 pm
Old Sep 22, 2019, 10:12 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
I used my BA milesage to issue KA ticket.
And then went to AY website to change my FFP to CX last week.
Now this booing shows in my CX account and not exist in BA account anymore.
So, AY website works!
Old Sep 22, 2019, 10:23 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
I called to TCP my (MPC Green) Asia Miles award flight with a relative on a paid ticket and my QFF status was added with no problems. Yes baggage allowance went up. Now to see if Business check-in will be allowed......

Happy wandering
Fred
Of course, I always just walk up to the FC counter and show my AA EXP card. Never an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.