Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK fast track pass

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sxc
You can book premium arrival service for HK 242 on Klook in case you don’t want to risk the sometimes very long immigration queues.
Most of the services will now not take you through Fast Track at BKK unless you are a J/F passenger. Been the topic of discussion for some time on the TG forum. Though there is at least one that claims they still can Bangkok Airport Limousine. Don't know about the Klook service. They have quite a few bad reviews.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Most of the services will now not take you through Fast Track at BKK unless you are a J/F passenger. Been the topic of discussion for some time on the TG forum. Though there is at least one that claims they still can Bangkok Airport Limousine. Don't know about the Klook service. They have quite a few bad reviews.
Last time no Fast track card, just showed J BP.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
I arrived in J on CX the other day. The passes were handed out at the door as we were exciting. The design of the pass is new (used to have a whole stack of the old ones to reuse if needed). The pass, along with the boarding card was carefully checked at the entrance to the FastTrack Area, and the pass was taken by the immigration officer. A much more buttoned up process than I have seen in the past.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by capin
Yeah, me too. I have one of the new ones from my last BC flight.
Hence the past thriving black market in these coupons.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by jkingsle
I arrived in J on CX the other day. The passes were handed out at the door as we were exciting.
If you were dull and listless you got nothing?
jkingsle, Hvr and fairhsa like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Hence the past thriving black market in these coupons.
More that the queue for the premium lane (departing) was longer then the regular.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
They have indeed (finally!) started strict enforcement of the arrival Fast Track channel. The weird thing is that departures does not seem to have changed much.
There is a long discussion on this over on the TG forum too: Finally some enforcement of the Priority Lane?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Flew out of BKK yesterday. Note that you now need the Fast Track pass to access Priority security. The line there was much shorter than it has been my last half-dozen or so trips through. This means you will have to go to the check-in counter to get a Fast Track pass even if you've already checked-in online.
Originally Posted by brunos
Last time no Fast track card, just showed J BP.
That's not going to work anymore (unless you are flying TG, where you have never needed a separate pass).
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
Wow that is a big tightening ... I use to save some of my fast passes and then use them when there was a massive queue!
I have an APEC card so I used to save mine and give to colleagues with no status. Cathay certainly gave me one in the past when I was in Economy (I'm Diamond). That's a bummer if he won't be able to use them.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:00 am

More that the queue for the premium lane (departing) was longer then the regular.
Never experienced that, no more than a half dozen people in the facility in the early afternoon. In December they wanted the FT pass and to see the boarding pass. Not sure if they checked it for J or not and they said nothing.

Frankly if the plan is that it is for J and F on certain airlines then arrival and departure good for them actually doing something about it.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:17 pm

Frankly if the plan is that it is for J and F on certain airlines then arrival and departure good for them actually doing something about it.
I suspect the main goal is to create a bright line rule (no pass, no access) so people can't talk their way in when not entitled to use Fast Track. I am 100% in favor.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I suspect the main goal is to create a bright line rule (no pass, no access) so people can't talk their way in when not entitled to use Fast Track. I am 100% in favor.
I have to admit I take the same flights HKG-BKK each trip and on arrival there were never "too" many people in the queue but in November 2 of about a dozen in the two lines were given the boot.

On departure I have only been one of a handful again might be due to the time of day. Very often monks being a good portion of them. I have no experience in the regular immigration lines at the same time, or security lines for that matter. E.g. if it's saving that much time at all.

But it's a F/J benefit and thus F/J BPs should be presented. Too many airports have too many ways to bypass queues and make it counterproductive. Canada/US with NEXUS and Global Entry are even tougher for immigration clearances than mere COS so they are also a proper option.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
I have to admit I take the same flights HKG-BKK each trip and on arrival there were never "too" many people in the queue but in November 2 of about a dozen in the two lines were given the boot.

On departure I have only been one of a handful again might be due to the time of day. Very often monks being a good portion of them. I have no experience in the regular immigration lines at the same time, or security lines for that matter. E.g. if it's saving that much time at all.

But it's a F/J benefit and thus F/J BPs should be presented. Too many airports have too many ways to bypass queues and make it counterproductive. Canada/US with NEXUS and Global Entry are even tougher for immigration clearances than mere COS so they are also a proper option.
Last time I checked, Monks and over 70s still got premium regardless of flight class.

My last flight out of Bangkok was CX619 to Singapore on Jan 1st. I checked in at around 10am and the queues at the premium lane were snaking back into the terminal.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:02 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Last time I checked, Monks and over 70s still got premium regardless of flight class.

My last flight out of Bangkok was CX619 to Singapore on Jan 1st. I checked in at around 10am and the queues at the premium lane were snaking back into the terminal.
Yeah, I did have the same a few weeks later.

Though at the departure side, it's usually the security screening and not the immigration which cause the delays. For departure, there are actually 2 security/immigration locations. So if the mid terminal one is overloaded, walk another 200 m to the one near the higher check-in letters, S/U, which is often less busy.

The fast track lane capacity (both the security and the immigration booths) are planned according the expected number of J/F passengers.

Policing the entry to the fast track is actually a good item, since the airport authority should regulate the features it does offer to its premium passengers, not the immigration officer. The guarding actually relieves the immigration officer from the policing, with higher productivity as a result.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
i flew Garuda in Y yesterday , i was given the fast track card, i had no issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.