Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX at CGK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:12 am
Original Poster

A few observations having just been through T3 and T2:
- Aircon in T2 is cooler than T3, latter feels quite suffocating really even though it’s new.
- CX checkin at T2 for the 00:10 flight opens at 21:00
- Premium checkin opens at the same time. It’s for J, MPC Diamond and all OWE, who also can checkin at the usual counters then head to premium checkin area for immigration followed by lounge.
- Premium checkin is actually fantastic... someone will lead you to a posh-ish looking reception counter and there’s the immigration person who stamps your passport, right next to the lounge back entrance (no need to go through the long way of usual immigration and past the duty free shops).
- Massage at the lounge is wonderful. 30 mins for IDR 80,000 before tip. I simply rounded it to IDR 100,000 note and realise that’s only S$10!!
Telecasterman likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:25 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
- Aircon in T2 is cooler than T3, latter feels quite suffocating really even though it’s new.
- Premium checkin opens at the same time. It’s for J, MPC Diamond and all OWE, who also can checkin at the usual counters then head to premium checkin area for immigration followed by lounge.
- Premium checkin is actually fantastic... someone will lead you to a posh-ish looking reception counter and there’s the immigration person who stamps your passport, right next to the lounge back entrance (no need to go through the long way of usual immigration and past the duty free shops).
- Massage at the lounge is wonderful. 30 mins for IDR 80,000 before tip. I simply rounded it to IDR 100,000 note and realise that’s only S$10!!
not so dreadful after all eh?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubeurope
not so dreadful after all eh?
Not for the most part.

To balance it out, the dreadful bits were:
- inability to get into the checkin area until close to your departure time (the gate officials who do your initial cursory and frankly pointless luggage scanning enforce this) so you literally have to lurk outside until you’re closer to when your checkin opens
- the shower in the lounge - what horror! - tiny shower room built around a pillar which made the room even timer and had insufficient space to even put your carry on. I even saw a person changing OUTSIDE the shower room. And the actual shower cubicle itself has grime and slime everywhere, and peeling plastic around the door edges - thoroughly shameful, needs replacement and the whole place need to be cleaned with bleach!
clubeurope likes this.

Last edited by carrotjuice; Feb 25, 2019 at 5:44 pm
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:08 pm

Not for the most part.

To balance it out, the dreadful bits were:
- inability to get into the checkin area until close to your departure time (the gate officials who do your initial cursory and frankly pointless luggage scanning enforce this) so you literally have to lurk outside until you’re closer to when your checkin opens
- the shower in the lounge - what horror! - tiny shower room built around a pillar which made the room even timer and had insufficient space to even put your carry on. I even saw a person changing OUTSIDE the shower room. And the actual shower cubicle itself has grime and slime everywhere, and peeling plastic around the door edges - thoroughly shameful, needs replacement and the whole place need to be cleaned with bleach!
Well, technically speaking, you can actually get into the check-in area long before your departure time. Just show your ticket (or a ticket) and they'll let you in. They don't exactly care, though there isn't quite a lot of things to do inside.

and yeah... avoid the shower, I've never dared step foot into that mess. I've always try to shower beforehand or otherwise when arriving in Hong Kong, because the shower situation in this lounge is really grim, especially with the dark tiling. Even the new PP lounge showers aren't that nice. The only good shower in CGK in my opinion belongs to the Garuda Lounge in T3.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:00 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
I did a similar trip last Nov. (SQ T3-QR T2) & even though my bag was checked thru' to my final destination, when I was checking in at the J counters, an airport staff rolled my suitcase up to me
I took the airport terminal transfer train, it was pretty easy. Just have to know to look up coz the station is 1 or 2 levels above the arrival hall.
I waited about an hour inside T2 for the check-in counters to open, & spent about another 1.5 hours in the Premium lounge waiting for my flight to dep.
And yes, definitely check in at the premium counters if you can, coz' most non-local transfer pax don't know they exist (I didn't but I was 2nd in line) but the poor souls behind me had to wait an extra 10 min. while they sorted out & re-tagged my bag.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Just got the note that CX will move to T3 on 30APR19.

Code:
SSR OTHS 1B EFFECTIVE FROM 30APR19 CX FLIGHTS WILL ARRIVE AND DE
PART                                                            
SSR OTHS 1B /// CGK INTL AIRPORT AT                             
SSR OTHS 1B CONT... TERMINAL 3 X PLEASE INFORM PASSENGER ACCORDI
NGLY                                                            
SSR OTHS 1B /// X TKS
As I will fly to CGK for the first time in early May, hope it will be an improved experience as opposed to a chaotic one.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
​​​the premium check in at t2 is now closed , you need to check in as normal
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Just got the note that CX will move to T3 on 30APR19.

Code:
SSR OTHS 1B EFFECTIVE FROM 30APR19 CX FLIGHTS WILL ARRIVE AND DE
PART
SSR OTHS 1B /// CGK INTL AIRPORT AT
SSR OTHS 1B CONT... TERMINAL 3 X PLEASE INFORM PASSENGER ACCORDI
NGLY
SSR OTHS 1B /// X TKS

As I will fly to CGK for the first time in early May, hope it will be an improved experience as opposed to a chaotic one.
unless your Indonesian or have a kitas/kitap good luck with the queue at immigration at certain times you will be in for a very long wait the only fast track for business class is sky-team elite plus
clubeurope and ernestnywang like this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by walkingtall
​​​the premium check in at t2 is now closed , you need to check in as normal
that's really sad... end of an era i'd say
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:47 am

unless your Indonesian or have a kitas/kitap good luck with the queue at immigration at certain times you will be in for a very long wait at immigration the only fast track for business class is skyteam
the indonesian line can be a mess as well sometimes, especially coinciding with saudia departures/arrivals...

what's worst is that sometimes the indonesian autogates are non-functioning
walkingtall likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope
that's really sad... end of an era i'd say
i agree as I fly in or out every week I much preferred t2 even against garuda , T3 maybe new but it’s not the quickest.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:29 am

i agree as I fly in or out every week I much preferred t2 even against garuda , T3 maybe new but it’s not the quickest.
Wish they opened up the skypriority line to other J/F passengers, though that seems unlikely....

That said, I wonder which lounge CX allocates for their premium passengers. Really wish it will be the Garuda Lounge, though again seems unlikely
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:03 pm

I’m flying cx this morning , I can confirm for sure the premium check in is closer , the old lounge is now closed until 30/4 Cx will use the puri Indah lounge .
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:11 pm

I’m flying cx this morning , I can confirm for sure the premium check in is closer , the old lounge is now closed until 30/4 Cx will use the puri Indah lounge .
thanks for the heads up! that's just dreadful. Would fly MH instead between now and 30 april

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.