Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How many times can I check in luggage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club

Booked in to F class and have three pieces of luggage. I was wanting to try and find the easiest way / most economical way to get these to the airport. Currently staying on HK island but go back to New Territories on weekends. The bus journey I take requires a change at the Western Harbour Crossing next to Kowloon MTR.

If I on one journey take one or two pieces of luggage and use in town check in as I’m passing anyway, can i check in another piece of luggage on the following day when I take the AE to HKIA?

my other option would be to get a taxi with all three pieces on the day I was leaving to an in town check in which will cost more.

My ticket is a redemption btw before you say I have the money for first so should have money for a taxi. Hahaha

thanks!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: QR Gold/CX Silver/EK Silver/EY Gold/Spire Royal Ambassador/Hilton Diamond
hi there
i have done this once 2 years ago where i checked in 2 bags at the airport express station and i checked 1 carryon bag at the airport counter and i had absolutely no issue. I was flying business and im a one world sapphire. I really dont know if things have changed since then. Hope this helps. Good luck and safe travels.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
you can check in 1 pc of luggage at a time up till your limit.

mind you, you may annoy some people here who thinks better, but noone can stop you checking in seperately if it makes your day better
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by kaka
you can check in 1 pc of luggage at a time up till your limit.

mind you, you may annoy some people here who thinks better, but noone can stop you checking in seperately if it makes your day better
There is no policy and no one in CX will care about this.

When you check in at the AEX, you actually pay for this service.

However for the OP - if you are travelling in F Class, will another 500-800HKD really will break the bank? - no judgement.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:42 am
Suspended

whats the 500-800hkd? uber black? i will not take a taxi to the airport because cabbies cheat a lot and/or are more accident prone.

if you really need to trek all the way far out, you could pay 75hkd for a airport express ticket on klook to check bags, then head out. take a bus directly to the airport or uber to tsing yi mtr station.... so u can catch the airport express with the ticket you checked ur bags with- it would work there.

there’s an airport express ticket thread in the HK forum.
Sohoboy likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:43 am

whats the 500-800hkd? uber black?

if you really need to trek all the way far out, you could pay 75hkd for a airport express ticket on klook to check bags, then head out. take a bus directly to the airport or uber to tsing yi mtr station.... so u can catch the airport express with the ticket you checked ur bags with- it would work there.

there’s an airport express ticket thread in the HK forum.
Limo
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by londonexpert
Limo
each to their own as long as you can pay by card
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:47 am

each to their own as long as you can pay by card
and get AM with it
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:56 am
Suspended

and get AM with it
talking about which, some local credit card works w some companies to offer a ride at $250-350. you prob have to spend some money on purchases to qualify.

iirc hsbc and dbs have them. prob gets billed to card.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
If your stopover at Western Harbour Crossing at the northbound (toward NT) bus stop, mind you the way to Kowloon MTR is a really long walk with a footbridge in between (it has lifts though). It may be easier to in town check in at Hong Kong Station then take the bus from Central.

Btw is the access to in-town check-in limit to once (or can be more) on a single airport express fare?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by watery
​​​​​​...

Btw is the access to in-town check-in limit to once (or can be more) on a single airport express fare?
You are not limited to one in town checkin access. However the second and third access requires manual staff intervention as the ticket/octopus will be shown as used and the Octopus or Klook QR will not automatically open the gate a second time.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies everyone! Really helpful information to help me decide what to do.

Originally Posted by watery
If your stopover at Western Harbour Crossing at the northbound (toward NT) bus stop, mind you the way to Kowloon MTR is a really long walk with a footbridge in between (it has lifts though). It may be easier to in town check in at Hong Kong Station then take the bus from Central.
I'm staying near Kennedy town but that could also be an option as it seems less physically exhausting than trekking across a footbridge.

However for the OP - if you are travelling in F Class, will another 500-800HKD really will break the bank? - no judgement.
I'm student so just trying to do it as cheaply / convenient as possible but I see your point. haha

Originally Posted by tentseller
You are not limited to one in town checkin access. However the second and third access requires manual staff intervention as the ticket/octopus will be shown as used and the Octopus or Klook QR will not automatically open the gate a second time.
Ok, perfect! Will keep that in mind if I need to go in more than twice.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Kip64
I'm staying near Kennedy town but that could also be an option as it seems less physically exhausting than trekking across a footbridge.
Just take the A10 airport bus from Kennedy Town. The bus stop by the footbridge at the Western Harbour Crossing is really far away from the Airport Express counters.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:22 am
Original Poster

I would but the issue is three suitcases and one big carry on. I would have to carry it uphill to the bus stop and also believe you are only allowed one suitcase and a carry on on the A10. I also need to check out of my accommodation at 12 noon but my flight isn't until 1 am the following morning. So if I did it in split journeys as I'm going that way anyway, it would be easier for me plus don't need to spend 12 hours at HKIA.

Thanks though I appreciate the input!
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:33 am

What about taking a taxi to the Central MRT station? It is less than 5 km and at the end likely not much more than two separate trips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.