Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How many times can I check in luggage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many times can I check in luggage?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
What about taking a taxi to the Central MRT station? It is less than 5 km and at the end likely not much more than two separate trips.
uber... being a tourist with multiple bags on a taxi is a very bad idea. Hong Kong is no longer the same hong kong as 20 years ago. There are a lot more dodgy cabbies as compared to the past.
tentseller, Gongzuokuang and royng like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by kaka
uber... being a tourist with multiple bags on a taxi is a very bad idea. Hong Kong is no longer the same hong kong as 20 years ago. There are a lot more dodgy cabbies as compared to the past.
What are you talking about? I have had few trips with 4+ luggage in HK cabs, all of them have a very useful string to half close their boot so at least 3 large check ins will fit. They do charge I think $5 HKD for each suit case in the boot.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ausriver
What are you talking about? I have had few trips with 4+ luggage in HK cabs, all of them have a very useful string to half close their boot so at least 3 large check ins will fit. They do charge I think $5 HKD for each suit case in the boot.
getting ripped off is what im talking about. they can handle a crazy amount of luggage for the size of the vehicle
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by londonexpert
However for the OP - if you are travelling in F Class, will another 500-800HKD really will break the bank? - no judgement.
OP is on an award, but even if OP were in a paid first-class ... There are definitely people out there who like to save money, even though they fly in first/private. Having money has nothing to do with wanting to spend it.
kaka, royng, HaikalS and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I prefer not subjecting my luggage to the element. The tying the boot down over the luggage is not a good idea with the style of driving of taxi drivers.

Uber XL for me.
kaka likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.