Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Downgrade and schedule change

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Downgrade and schedule change

Just received an email that my CX flight has two changes... it got moved up a departure day and now I have an overnight layover in SFO AND one of my legs got downgraded from premium economy to regular.

Curious what FT members would do in this situation! What should be my "ask" when I call customer support tomorrow?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's the full route?
Paid with cash or award?
Have a look at CX timetable to see if they have any other flights/routes that would be better for you?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

So the options won't just be accept new change vs. refund? I should push for a new routing?

It's ORD>SFO>HKG>MNL RT

But there's other routings through LAX which alleviate the issue.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Assuming you are on 879 connecting to the 8pm or 10pm to MNL?
See if they can put you on 851 or 873? these arrive in the morning and 907 or 901 to MNL is almost certain guaranteed with a PE cabin
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
hkgmnl is so short- push for a first row seating or an upgrade and see how they respond.
probably not worth getting a 1 night delay to keep a pe seat for 1.5 hours unless u get super undesirable seating
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
Assuming you are on 879 connecting to the 8pm or 10pm to MNL?
See if they can put you on 851 or 873? these arrive in the morning and 907 or 901 to MNL is almost certain guaranteed with a PE cabin
Thanks for the suggestion!

Actually, I'm on the 851 > 901. They already forced me to have the one night delay by changing my ORD>SFO flight. That's the rescheduling piece I'm also mad about.

I will definitely try what you both suggested and see if I can get a more favorable routing.

Will follow-up here.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ftbat
Thanks for the suggestion!

Actually, I'm on the 851 > 901. They already forced me to have the one night delay by changing my ORD>SFO flight. That's the rescheduling piece I'm also mad about.

I will definitely try what you both suggested and see if I can get a more favorable routing.

Will follow-up here.
Worked like a charm. She offered me an upgrade to business for that leg - and instead, I just switched to a day that is more convenient for me with premium economy on it.

Thanks for the advice of the above posters!
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Worked like a charm. She offered me an upgrade to business for that leg - and instead, I just switched to a day that is more convenient for me with premium economy on it.

Thanks for the advice of the above posters!
so you managed to get in MNL closer to your original plan? (i guess theres also ord nyc hkg...)
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:59 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Does the flight you've been switched to still have redemption seats?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.