Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

impossible to reach AsiaMiles by phone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

impossible to reach AsiaMiles by phone?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Wongo
rickywk, by chance you can disclose your status with CX if any? I need to ring them in about 2-3 months time to clear out of miles, otherwise an afternoon trip to HKIA seems more efficient to me.
No status, just AM member
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: CX Gold, KE Morning Calm, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tentseller
Agree.
One fast way of getting through if you are native fluent in Canto and English is to select English. Many of the MPC GO agents, their Chinglish to so bad that when I revert to Canto and they seem relieved and more willing to help take care of my issue.
That wasn't really true, I tried this trick once when I was a green and the English CS picked up the phone turned out to be an Indian and even the ticket office is not from HK when she helped me to re-issued the ticket. So i guess the Eng line is not managed by the HK centre.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Rain187
That wasn't really true, I tried this trick once when I was a green and the English CS picked up the phone turned out to be an Indian and even the ticket office is not from HK when she helped me to re-issued the ticket. So i guess the Eng line is not managed by the HK centre.
true, English line is always pickup by Indian
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Originally Posted by cyster2007

I confirm that too for my AM redemption 9 months ago.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Hilton Gold/Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by cyster2007

Except DM, all English line is managed by the Phillipine call centre, you can get faster to them but they are not well trained for complicated case.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Made an AsiaMiles booking last month that needed to be done via the phone as it was a OneWolrd multi-carrier booking within 12 days and apparently those cannot be searched or requested online?

Anyway, as OP noted... calling AsiaMiles is probably one of the most frustrating experiences ever.

A couple notes from my experience:

-- They do call back, eventually. But usually like days later, when availability may have changed.
-- If you get the dreaded "All lines are busy, please leave a message", just hang up and call again. I don't think they have any sort of intelligent queueing system. It seemed random, sometimes it would go through after trying 2-3x, others it would take 10+ times.
-- Time of day didn't seem to matter, nor did language (I tried Mando and English).
-- Front line agents are not trained well for non-straightforward requests. Supervisors are much better, but you'll need to ask for one to call you back. They do at least call back usually within 12-24 hours.

Ultimately, I was able to complete a redemption-- even though the program rules for OneWorld multi-carrier one way awards are non-sensical, and it ended up costing more than I first thought. Took maybe 2-3 days of constant calling and waiting for call backs to get it done.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by transparent
-- Front line agents are not trained well for non-straightforward requests.
Mind to tell what kind of non-straightforward requests did you ask?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by davidtai
Mind to tell what kind of non-straightforward requests did you ask?
I was trying to make a one-way booking on Oneworld carriers, that had a connection. It was not 100% clear from the rules whether this was ok or not, it did show the availability online when searched multi-city. To me, the rules appeared to say you could make one-way bookings on Oneworld multi-carrier bookings, especially since the table on the flight awards page indicated it was possible: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/flight-award-chart.html

Even careful reading of the rules, does not explicitly say Oneworld multi-carrier awards require a round-trip or one-ways needed to be direct.

The front-line agents were not familiar with the rules and I was told different reasons why they could not complete the booking I wanted (A-B-C on two Oneworld carriers), finally I was informed that the only way to make my booking would be by booking each segment as two one-ways separately and priced accordingly.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:56 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by transparent
I was trying to make a one-way booking on Oneworld carriers, that had a connection. It was not 100% clear from the rules whether this was ok or not, it did show the availability online when searched multi-city. To me, the rules appeared to say you could make one-way bookings on Oneworld multi-carrier bookings, especially since the table on the flight awards page indicated it was possible: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-...ard-chart.html

Even careful reading of the rules, does not explicitly say Oneworld multi-carrier awards require a round-trip or one-ways needed to be direct.

The front-line agents were not familiar with the rules and I was told different reasons why they could not complete the booking I wanted (A-B-C on two Oneworld carriers), finally I was informed that the only way to make my booking would be by booking each segment as two one-ways separately and priced accordingly.
Once you book two partners in same booking you've created a oneworld booking, need to use the oneworld chart and must end at country of origin.
I'm not surprised the agents cannot directly tell you that given the level of training and turnover, beyond saying "the system says no".
Splitting into two bookings is the correct solution.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.