Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

impossible to reach AsiaMiles by phone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

For the last two hours I've been trying to call AsiaMiles. Regardless of which number I try (I've tried the US, UK, HKG, Germany, Australia, NZ, South Africa numbers and a few others)
and have:

- had the call being discontinued after a few seconds
- heard a terribly loud noise, with nothing happening
- been told the number does not exist
- been told the number is invalid

Seriously?!? I must have tried hundred times by now.

Is there a special trick I'm missing? If someone could post (or PM me) a functioning number, that would be much appreciated.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:01 pm

In Hong Kong, I still ok and waited about 10 mins for CS
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rickywk
In Hong Kong, I still ok and waited about 10 mins for CS
I just tried again and got an utterly obnoxious "We are busy. Please leave a message." recording. SERIOUSLY?!?

Would you mind sharing the # you dialed in case it's different from the one I'm using.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I just tried again and got an utterly obnoxious "We are busy. Please leave a message." recording. SERIOUSLY?!?

Would you mind sharing the # you dialed in case it's different from the one I'm using.
If you got "We are busy. Please leave a message." IVRS reply, just take a rest for 30 mins and retry it.
They seems setup a max queue number a long long time ago.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold

get dm and ull get thru quicker. heehee
OneWorldLoyalist likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Why ring Asia Miles? Just ring Marco Polo.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by fairhsa
I think if you are Marco Polo club member, when you cal Asia miles hotline, after you enter your membership number/Asia mile number, the phone will automatically forward to Marco Polo club hotline
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fairhsa
Thanks. I've tried both, though there doesn't seem to be any difference from what I can tell (same prompts/instructions, only to get the "we're busy. Leave a message" recording)
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:02 am

Programs: CX Gold, KE Morning Calm, Marriott Titanium
Avoid Monday, Tuesday and Friday at lunch time (12-2pm) and evening time (5pm - 8pm)
Try to call after 8pm (HKT) or other days (Wed/ Thur is good) and Sat morning (usually no need to wait)

My experience is that if you are a silver or above member, you will be put on hold and wait, if green, they will just ask you to leave a message (which they will never call back, at least my friend told me that)
DM got another line and will go straight through.

*All times are HK time
Also, try English or Mandarin which will get through easier, and if you can speak Japanese or Korean, no need to wait.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:00 am

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Thanks. I've tried both, though there doesn't seem to be any difference from what I can tell (same prompts/instructions, only to get the "we're busy. Leave a message" recording)
OK. Sounds like you have no status. You can book a lot of stuff on the website which might be easier. I am DM so I go straight through. Or send them emails which get replies usually in 24 hours.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
Your experience is equal to mine for about the last 12 months. I'm guessing they've sacked half of their staff. The experienced ones.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Don’t go canto unless you have 2 hours to wait cos it took me that long last time being nothing AM only. Canto line also crap as they shut you down to leave a message so much quicker.
Ring English line and the wait is slightly bit bare able. Still 30odd min but on a good day 10.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Wongo
Don’t go canto unless you have 2 hours to wait cos it took me that long last time being nothing AM only. Canto line also crap as they shut you down to leave a message so much quicker.
Ring English line and the wait is slightly bit bare able. Still 30odd min but on a good day 10.
Agree.
One fast way of getting through if you are native fluent in Canto and English is to select English. Many of the MPC GO agents, their Chinglish to so bad that when I revert to Canto and they seem relieved and more willing to help take care of my issue.
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Wongo
I did talk to Cantonese CS in recent long holiday, just waited 3 mins and a CS picked
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
rickywk, by chance you can disclose your status with CX if any? I need to ring them in about 2-3 months time to clear out of miles, otherwise an afternoon trip to HKIA seems more efficient to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.