Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

First time Cathay Pacific - whiwh lounge should I really try out in Hong Kong?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time Cathay Pacific - whiwh lounge should I really try out in Hong Kong?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Arrow First time Cathay Pacific - whiwh lounge should I really try out in Hong Kong?

I Will take cd for the first time in business class. I know that there are a fel lounges in Hong Kong.
which lounge would you recommand I should reallifesoap visit?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
Pending where's your departure gate and the speed your walk..... Do plan accordingly. For breakfast, I prefer the Bridge(North) and the rest timing will be the Pier then the Wings...
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold
Lounge hop
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: CX MPC DM
For my money, Pier J is the best lounge, Only downside is far distance from most of the gates unless you happen to be departing from gates 60-70. Don't let the distance scare you away, leave extra time. If you have time, Pier J and a stop off in the Bridge are a great combo. I'm not too fond of Wing J and the Deck is just too small.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Well....definitely hope you have evening flight, come early. Breakfast isn't really I am dying for so I always skipped that. First stop: The Wing -> Cabanas with champagne bottle (at least glass). Then move over to The Pier and let the fun begin. Massage, quick nap, yoga Some say it is closer to your gate but I did have some troubles finding at after my first visit so make sure you dont make new best friend behind the bar...but definitely make most of it! Enjoy!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:07 pm

The Pier at Gate 63 (F ) or 65 (J)

(Audio)
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

I am coming from Bru and connecting to Phuket. So don't know how far gates will be or is this at random?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:26 am

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by BRUNOREM
I am coming from Bru and connecting to Phuket. So don't know how far gates will be or is this at random?
I've found the gates to be random.

I prefer the Pier F/J lounges and haven't stepped foot in any other in quite some time. but if your departure gate is anywhere below 30 then you'll want to leave yourself some extra time to walk back.

I've had a few last minute gate changes from gates 60-70 all the way to 16. That walk/run really sucks.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by blum81

I prefer the Pier F/J lounges and haven't stepped foot in any other in quite some time. but if your departure gate is anywhere below 30 then you'll want to leave yourself some extra time to walk back.

I've had a few last minute gate changes from gates 60-70 all the way to 16. That walk/run really sucks.
Can be worse, Gates 5xx or 2xx
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by blum81

But comparing the Pier to any CX lounges, the walk is worth it.

(Audio)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.