Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Proactive apology letter from MPC. Anyone had this before?

Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold

Week ago, I flied KAXXX from Kaohsiung(KHH) to HKG in C. I went straight to airport after work so didn’t have much food on ground. Onboard, I was the last one to be asked to choose the meal and my preferred one was not available. The alternative didn’t look good and I declined it. I didn’t complain or say anything onboard but my xxxxx face must speak it all.

Since then, I was busy on traveling and didn’t contact MPC for this. Yesterday, MPC PROACTIVELY sent me this apology letter below. I find it quite interesting because it never happened to me. Anyone shared the similar experience? Somehow I feel the FA was doing something to protect herself for any further complain.

"Dear Mr XXX

I have been asked to contact you by our cabin crew, who informed me that you were disappointed by your recent experience with us.

It goes without saying that it is our intention to provide our passengers an enjoyable experience when travelling with us and I am very sorry to learn that we were unable to offer your preferred choice of meal and do wish to apologize for the disappointment caused.

I understand that the inflight crew offered you an alternate choice of meal and I am sorry to learn that you declined their offer of the other selection of meal.

We certainly appreciate you sharing your concerns with us, as it is feedback from our valued members that enables us to identify areas in which we are failing to meet the expectations of our passengers. Please rest assured that I have shared your feedback with our Catering team for their review. I sincerely hope that your next flight with us will be more enjoyable.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and may I take this opportunity to wish you a very Happy and a Prosperous year of the pig. “Kung Hei Fat Choi”
Yours sincerely "
Alawyer likes this.

Last edited by wyskevin; Feb 12, 2019 at 10:54 pm
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:24 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by wyskevin
Week ago, I flied KAXXX from Kaohsiung(KHH) to HKG in C. I went straight to airport after work so didnt have much food on ground. Onboard, I was the last one to be asked to choose the meal and my preferred one was not available. The alternative didnt look good and I declined it. I didnt complain or say anything onboard but my xxxxx face must speak it all.

Since then, I was busy on traveling and didnt contact MPC for this. Yesterday, MPC PROACTIVELY sent me this apology letter below. I find it quite interesting because it never happened to me. Anyone shared the similar experience? Somehow I feel the FA was doing something to protect herself for any further complain.

"Dear Mr XXX

I have been asked to contact you by our cabin crew, who informed me that you were disappointed by your recent experience with us.

It goes without saying that it is our intention to provide our passengers an enjoyable experience when travelling with us and I am very sorry to learn that we were unable to offer your preferred choice of meal and do wish to apologize for the disappointment caused.

I understand that the inflight crew offered you an alternate choice of meal and I am sorry to learn that you declined their offer of the other selection of meal.

We certainly appreciate you sharing your concerns with us, as it is feedback from our valued members that enables us to identify areas in which we are failing to meet the expectations of our passengers. Please rest assured that I have shared your feedback with our Catering team for their review. I sincerely hope that your next flight with us will be more enjoyable.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and may I take this opportunity to wish you a very Happy and a Prosperous year of the pig. Kung Hei Fat Choi
Yours sincerely "
The ISM could have made a report about the matter.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
It doesnt matter, there are no courtesy miles
jerrywu, rickywk and tentseller like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:05 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Proactive boilerplate is still a boilerplate.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
Proactive boilerplate is still a boilerplate.
X2

The most interesting part of the e-mail is the last two paragraphs stating that OP has shared his feedback with the MPC.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Week ago, I flied KAXXX from Kaohsiung(KHH) to HKG in C. I went straight to airport after work so didnt have much food on ground. Onboard, I was the last one to be asked to choose the meal and my preferred one was not available. The alternative didnt look good and I declined it. I didnt complain or say anything onboard but my xxxxx face must speak it all.

Since then, I was busy on traveling and didnt contact MPC for this. Yesterday, MPC PROACTIVELY sent me this apology letter below. I find it quite interesting because it never happened to me. Anyone shared the similar experience? Somehow I feel the FA was doing something to protect herself for any further complain.

"Dear Mr XXX

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and may I take this opportunity to wish you a very Happy and a Prosperous year of the pig. Kung Hei Fat Choi
Yours sincerely "
According to their letter you did contact them to share your concerns. This is simply a response, which doesnt gel with the thread title.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:43 am
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Eltham

According to their letter you did contact them to share your concerns. This is simply a response, which doesnt gel with the thread title.
Or this email from MPC could have been a standard response template, if the ISM reported it in the first place.

Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
The fact that it was observed, reported, and acted on (albeit with a form letter) should be recognized as progress. It shows that multiple people care. A manager somewhere set some directive. The FA noticed and reported it. The ISM reported it. There was mechanism that at least tried to reach out to the customer.

There is hope for progress.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LchChester
X2

The most interesting part of the e-mail is the last two paragraphs stating that OP has shared his feedback with the MPC.
No, I didnt contact MPC or complain anything onboard. The last two paragraphs were obviously from a lazy agent , copy and paste from a boilerplate. The first sentence could explain this- I was contacted by a cabin crews request
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
The ISM could have made a report about the matter.
From my observation, ISM did a very lousy job onboard. She didnt greet anyone or even speak a word to any of us in C. Honestly I only saw her for seconds during the whole fight
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
It doesnt matter, there are no courtesy miles
There should be some miles compensation after I reply this letter to express my disappointment
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:17 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang
The fact that it was observed, reported, and acted on (albeit with a form letter) should be recognized as progress. It shows that multiple people care. A manager somewhere set some directive. The FA noticed and reported it. The ISM reported it. There was mechanism that at least tried to reach out to the customer.

There is hope for progress.
​​​​

There should be some miles compensation after I reply this letter to express my disappointment
Hope so. Otherwise there would be three staff members involved unempowered to do anything.
Gongzuokuang likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I do think this is progress, but I think requesting miles is a bit over the top. I wished CX put a note in your file to ensure that the next flight you're on, you get a guaranteed first choice of meal. That would be more proactive, I think.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
I do think this is progress, but I think requesting miles is a bit over the top. I wished CX put a note in your file to ensure that the next flight you're on, you get a guaranteed first choice of meal. That would be more proactive, I think.
We do not request miles. We only reply this kind letter and express the disappointment.

Oh, btw, after recent busy flights, I will reach DM next week. Maybe FA would take my order first even though I sit on the last row of cabin ?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Congratulations on making DM which, at least as a non-public DM benefit, they will take DM's choice first and guarantee your choice (at least in J they never missed this... In Y, around 20% time I was asked in advance, CX KA combined)

FYI, I just return from KHH in J today, sitting on last row of J They noted down my choice before take off and I was served the main first.... but they didn't ask me if I want bread or not... Bread basket circulation "ended" after row 11... And they offer garlic bread today....
wyskevin likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.