FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   No availability on the CX website but skyscanner is finding plenty of flights? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1953545-no-availability-cx-website-but-skyscanner-finding-plenty-flights.html)

fairhsa Jan 29, 2019 1:04 am

No availability on the CX website but skyscanner is finding plenty of flights?

I just checked the CX website for a flight next week. Absolutely no availability showing up in Economy, on any flight, for a week. 4th - 12th Feb. HKG-BKK. I know that it's CNY, but it's not exactly common for there to be absolutely nothing on any flight. So I checked skyscanner and they have plenty of (not cheap) availability.

Any ideas what is going on?

I have my travel agent sorting it now because they can invoke the Diamond guarantee, but I just wondered.

dddc Jan 29, 2019 10:51 am

Skyscanner sometimes doesn't have live prices/availability. I've had either a bizarre case or a bait and switch case where a £12 fare on Skyscanner turned into £200 on the OTA's website.

fairhsa Jan 29, 2019 5:24 pm

Yes, in the end I forked out for ExpertFlyer and found some real information. Still struggling to figure out how to turn it into a ticket for my husband (who doesn't have Diamond) so I may be going on holiday over CNY without him now!

kaka Jan 29, 2019 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by fairhsa (Post 30716429)
Yes, in the end I forked out for ExpertFlyer and found some real information. Still struggling to figure out how to turn it into a ticket for my husband (who doesn't have Diamond) so I may be going on holiday over CNY without him now!

what location are u looking at

anyways, skyscanner owned by ctrip is badly managed and had been in a few scams - bait and switch is of the least concerns

boybi Jan 29, 2019 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by kaka (Post 30716722)

what location are u looking at

anyways, skyscanner owned by ctrip is badly managed and had been in a few scams - bait and switch is of the least concerns

Didn’t know skyscanner is owned by ctrip. I use it mainly for checking available flights ang comparing fares. I’ve never booked a flight using skyscanner.

What are the other good apps/sites comparable to skyscanner?

sbs2716g Jan 29, 2019 8:26 pm

Just check on CX.com there are availability from HKG to BKK from 2nd feb to 8 feb. price on high side though. Maybe when the time u search there are some issue with server.

fairhsa Jan 30, 2019 12:43 am

I ended up delegating this to my travel agent who sorted it out. Not cheap but I didn't expect that. Usually I use the travel agent for business and do holiday stuff myself, but these websites were just driving me crazy.

Ace71 Jan 30, 2019 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by boybi (Post 30716950)

Didn’t know skyscanner is owned by ctrip. I use it mainly for checking available flights ang comparing fares. I’ve never booked a flight using skyscanner.

What are the other good apps/sites comparable to skyscanner?

www.google.com/flights

SQTraveller Jan 31, 2019 1:19 am

I always use google flights to start with