Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Yoga in Pier J before flying and access to Pure Fitness in HK downtown after arrival

Yoga in Pier J before flying and access to Pure Fitness in HK downtown after arrival

Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
It doesn't look particularly instagrammable for the millennial influencers... :-)
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: MPC, OneWorld, 1865 Voyager, Hyatt, Horizon Club
As a millenial (ish) the last thing I want is for these places to become instgrammable. Showing off and attracting the masses is the opposite of what these lounges should aim to do.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by dddc
For those of us without the benefit of The Pier access, is there somewhere to stretch between flights? I'm probably going to Premium Plaza and would like to do some Pilates stretches. I'd do them in the shower (don't need to be on the floor to do these ones) but they sometimes get a bit funny if you've been in there for over 30 mins and it's busy!
In my experience, the best place to properly stretch is the children's matted play areas. I believe there is one around Gate 20-30 area, and it's normally deserted. Please give priority to any children who want to play
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by dddc
Are these corridors behind the shops on the way to the gates, or do you mean the ones by some of the food shops. I know the area between the Premium Plaza lounge and it's showers doesn't see many people going past. Some other lounges there from memory.
I think they occasionally try to stop people using the corridor behind the food stalls (Mcdonalds etc) as convenient as it is, but i mean the areas behind the shops all the way up by the 40s and 60s gates.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
In my experience, the best place to properly stretch is the children's matted play areas. I believe there is one around Gate 20-30 area, and it's normally deserted. Please give priority to any children who want to play
But of course! I'd be a bit worried if I was there and there were children! I'm sure security would be eyeing me up if I was in that vicinity!!

Originally Posted by 1010101
I think they occasionally try to stop people using the corridor behind the food stalls (Mcdonalds etc) as convenient as it is, but i mean the areas behind the shops all the way up by the 40s and 60s gates.
I think I know the areas you mean. It's been a couple of years since my last stop over at HKG, but I have a recollection of something like that area. The Premium Plaza lounge is near/upstairs from gate 60 I think.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Bizarre that this is in the business lounge only. I didn't get the email by the way - are they pushing this for golds only?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: CX ows, DL E+
Originally Posted by fairhsa
Bizarre that this is in the business lounge only. I didn't get the email by the way - are they pushing this for golds only?
I dont't think so. I'm lowly SL but I also got this email too
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: CX AY DL
gates 68-71 (and the other end of the Y) are pretty much empty
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:18 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
I've just been there. I found it very meh. Would rather have more resting area like sleeping beds or massaging chairs.
Sozee likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: AA EXP
I enjoy Yoga, Happy to hear its available at Pier now also.

Yoga Wine
jacobsleather likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.