Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Marco Polo Club
Reload this Page >

Does CX let J seats fly empty rather than let an AM upgrade clear

Does CX let J seats fly empty rather than let an AM upgrade clear

Old Jan 27, 19, 2:11 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc View Post
Would you mind elaborating on your rational for this advice of not purchasing R? I selected it for my upcoming trip over E in hopes that if my aircraft is swapped with one that doesn't have PE, I'd be on the short list to either be op-up to J as a OWE or at least get a better fare class if they re-issue my ticket as they did recently.

Last time I was on E fare and CX re-issued my ticket as L fare... ugh!!
Because it's too painful a process to get my SIL and/or mother to commit to a schedule (and as true blue bleeding heartland Hongkies, incur cancellation fees)

Last edited by percysmith; Jan 27, 19 at 2:16 am
Old Jan 27, 19, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, SPG LT Plat
Originally Posted by percysmith View Post

Because it's too painful a process to get my SIL and/or mother to commit to a schedule (and as true blue bleeding heartland Hongkies, incur cancellation fees)
Gotcha! R has not fees for changes I think. I am almost certain that the other reason I got it too. Last time I extended my stay in Seoul for a weekend of being a solo tourist after work was completed and paid fees for extensions I also made once I returned to HKG too. Last trip was E fare.
Old Jan 27, 19, 3:03 pm
Moderator: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc View Post
Would you mind elaborating on your rational for this advice of not purchasing R? I selected it for my upcoming trip over E in hopes that if my aircraft is swapped with one that doesn't have PE, I'd be on the short list to either be op-up to J as a OWE or at least get a better fare class if they re-issue my ticket as they did recently.

Last time I was on E fare and CX re-issued my ticket as L fare... ugh!!
For R, if you are lucky, you may get up to business in I. If not, you may get down to economy in B.
Old Jan 27, 19, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, SPG LT Plat
Originally Posted by cxfan1960 View Post
For R, if you are lucky, you may get up to business in I. If not, you may get down to economy in B.
Thanks... I'll update thread in the coming weeks...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: