Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Marco Polo Club
Reload this Page >

Does CX let J seats fly empty rather than let an AM upgrade clear

Does CX let J seats fly empty rather than let an AM upgrade clear

Old Jan 27, 19, 2:11 am
  #16  
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: HKG
Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Posts: 17,369
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc View Post
Would you mind elaborating on your rational for this advice of not purchasing R? I selected it for my upcoming trip over E in hopes that if my aircraft is swapped with one that doesn't have PE, I'd be on the short list to either be op-up to J as a OWE or at least get a better fare class if they re-issue my ticket as they did recently.

Last time I was on E fare and CX re-issued my ticket as L fare... ugh!!
Because it's too painful a process to get my SIL and/or mother to commit to a schedule (and as true blue bleeding heartland Hongkies, incur cancellation fees)

Last edited by percysmith; Jan 27, 19 at 2:16 am
percysmith is offline  
Old Jan 27, 19, 2:32 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Francisco
Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, SPG LT Plat
Posts: 1,563
Originally Posted by percysmith View Post


Because it's too painful a process to get my SIL and/or mother to commit to a schedule (and as true blue bleeding heartland Hongkies, incur cancellation fees)
Gotcha! R has not fees for changes I think. I am almost certain that the other reason I got it too. Last time I extended my stay in Seoul for a weekend of being a solo tourist after work was completed and paid fees for extensions I also made once I returned to HKG too. Last trip was E fare.
Zacnlinc is offline  
Old Jan 27, 19, 3:03 pm
  #18  
Moderator: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Posts: 8,171
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc View Post
Would you mind elaborating on your rational for this advice of not purchasing R? I selected it for my upcoming trip over E in hopes that if my aircraft is swapped with one that doesn't have PE, I'd be on the short list to either be op-up to J as a OWE or at least get a better fare class if they re-issue my ticket as they did recently.

Last time I was on E fare and CX re-issued my ticket as L fare... ugh!!
For R, if you are lucky, you may get up to business in I. If not, you may get down to economy in B.
cxfan1960 is offline  
Old Jan 27, 19, 5:34 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Francisco
Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, SPG LT Plat
Posts: 1,563
Originally Posted by cxfan1960 View Post
For R, if you are lucky, you may get up to business in I. If not, you may get down to economy in B.
Thanks... I'll update thread in the coming weeks...
Zacnlinc is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: