FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   No "Lai See" red packet to members this chinese new year? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1951488-no-lai-see-red-packet-members-chinese-new-year.html)

eric0429 Jan 17, 2019 12:58 am

No "Lai See" red packet to members this chinese new year?

Has anyone received yet?

FlyPointyEnd Jan 17, 2019 1:31 am

You can get them here.

tfung Jan 18, 2019 4:46 am

I just got a bunch in the mail today from MPC... while it's nice, I really wish they would stop wasting money (and wasting paper) like this and maybe spend some money on their in-flight product instead...

fairhsa Jan 18, 2019 5:02 am

I rely on mine for CNY - not seen them yet.

lakid Jan 18, 2019 5:34 am

I got mine Wednesday in the wing lounge

Nicc HK Jan 18, 2019 6:47 pm

Recieved a box of Lai See packets yesterday. Don't know why. WIll say they are really good quality.

HaikalS Jan 18, 2019 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by lakid (Post 30670148)
I got mine Wednesday in the wing lounge

You can pick them up in the lihblo?
Is this just a Hkg-based MPC thing or also others?

xuukgo Jan 18, 2019 10:17 pm

There is an email saying:

Once again, we are partnering with Food Angel, the food rescue and assistance programme, to create “The Gift of Food” lai see packets and help local people in need. We hope you can help by giving a donation through the QR code on the stylish set of lai see packets, which will be available for collection at Marco Polo Club Service Desk (Aisle B, Terminal 1) and Cathay Pacific lounges at Hong Kong International Airport starting from 21 January 2019, on a first-come, first-served basis. Let’s continue our efforts for a good cause in the Year of Pig.

Although I am not sure it’s available to DM only or to all members

sxc Jan 19, 2019 12:08 am

I did see some sitting on top of the counter at one of the lounge entrances. At the time I didn’t know what they were but reading this thread now I do.

sscywong Jan 19, 2019 7:06 am

Originally Posted by xuukgo (Post 30673482)
There is an email saying:

Once again, we are partnering with Food Angel, the food rescue and assistance programme, to create “The Gift of Food” lai see packets and help local people in need. We hope you can help by giving a donation through the QR code on the stylish set of lai see packets, which will be available for collection at Marco Polo Club Service Desk (Aisle B, Terminal 1) and Cathay Pacific lounges at Hong Kong International Airport starting from 21 January 2019, on a first-come, first-served basis. Let’s continue our efforts for a good cause in the Year of Pig.

Although I am not sure it’s available to DM only or to all members

I didn't get this email... Maybe they only send this to those withOUT booking to tempt them to book and fly...?

p.s. But 21 Jan is still yet to come... :confused: Why they are distributing them already?

xuukgo Jan 19, 2019 7:35 am

Originally Posted by sscywong (Post 30674360)
I didn't get this email... Maybe they only send this to those withOUT booking to tempt them to book and fly...?

p.s. But 21 Jan is still yet to come... :confused: Why they are distributing them already?

actually I have serveral bookings on my account and still receive this

eric0429 Jan 19, 2019 9:20 am

Oh, just received a package of the red packets from my mailbox today, the package is much better than last year one.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...de0ab1bf6d.jpg

clubeurope Jan 21, 2019 2:50 am

lots of lai see boxes last night at the Pier F reception. Though the same cannot be said with the Wing

boybi Jan 21, 2019 3:06 am

What is lai see? What’s inside those boxes/envelopes?

FlyPointyEnd Jan 21, 2019 3:17 am

Originally Posted by boybi (Post 30680868)
What is lai see? What’s inside those boxes/envelopes?

It's the same as hongbao or angpao.