Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Almost 6 months after Asiamiles devaluation...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Almost 6 months after Asiamiles devaluation...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
I have a RT redemption booking for April between MNL-HKG, however I wanted to move my return flight a day earlier (which would fall on the end of a "4-day" weekend), last February, I called MPO and they told me they could only offer WL on the last flight leaving that day (I will be connecting from ORD and didn't want to spend an extra night in HKG, and no this isn't the Jan 1 error fare). Anyway fast forward to yesterday, EF was showing i3, so I wasn't really hoping for anything but I decided to just give MPO a call and see if they any updates on WL.

While the agent said it's still on the waitlist he said, as a DM he can check if there is a way to get things cleared....after a few minutes he came back and said he was able to clear my WL for the flight.
Not so lucky for me trying to get a U class seat on 549 showing J9C9D9I9....Q9 departing in a few days, was given a hard no - seems they are committed to flying air
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Not so lucky for me trying to get a U class seat on 549 showing J9C9D9I9....Q9 departing in a few days, was given a hard no - seems they are committed to flying air
been turned down on 548/548. was told they can clear it if its NRT
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
that is pure stinginess.
don't give them any revenue.
G-CIVC likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:30 am

How do you know they have seats to clear? Appears the coming days are quite busy. You should know better the inventory shown does not always correlate on how busy the flights will be.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by londonexpert
How do you know they have seats to clear? Appears the coming days are quite busy. You should know better the inventory shown does not always correlate on how busy the flights will be.
Of course it does not because Patricia would like to bring her entourage on a last minute Tokyo shopping trip!

FWIW I do have insights into the actual loads so thanks for lighting me up on these taxing 80+ hours flying months.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
been turned down on 548/548. was told they can clear it if its NRT
Originally Posted by ermen
that is pure stinginess.
don't give them any revenue.
2 days before the flight (ie its a SATURDAY - low demand), the waitlist is closed to new joiners, the flight is still F3A3J9C9...Q9. Actual loads is 50% F and 60ish J, 75ish in the back

Hard no 3888 canto, hard no 3888 english, hard no zone B HKIA all cabins

I ticketed JL instead LOL so they're probably gonna have to pay out more for that instead of giving me their own seat and taking some miles liability off their books

But they choose to leave those seats empty and probably eventually to their ID subloads instead. Same case for some other flights like CX 251

It's ok Nicolas coz not everybody is that obsessed with HND (and 5am arrival in LHR/woken up at 3am for breakfast) and I can actually stay in TYO for longer that day flying JL. Plus I'll get excellent service and food with JL instead of CX's cr*p F&B (yes kaiseiki included) and lazy + dont-wanna-show-up-to-work-face HKG based FAs which is recently the norm

I'm approaching 1300 CP 3 months into my membership year but CX can't even give me back an award on like what? a single segment that makes up 3% of my flown revenue distance? Conserving premiumness is one thing but being rude and stubborn is another.
Nicc HK likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:52 am

2 days before the flight (ie its a SATURDAY - low demand), the waitlist is closed to new joiners, the flight is still F3A3J9C9...Q9. Actual loads is 50% F and 60ish J, 75ish in the back

I ticketed JL instead LOL so they're probably gonna have to pay out more for that instead of giving me their own seat and taking some miles liability off their books

But they choose to leave those seats empty and probably eventually to their ID subloads instead. Same case for some other flights like CX 251

It's ok Nicolas coz not everybody is that obsessed with HND (and 5am arrival in LHR/woken up at 3am for breakfast) and I can actually stay in TYO for longer that day flying JL. Plus I'll get excellent service and food with JL instead of CX's cr*p F&B (yes kaiseiki included) and lazy + dont-wanna-show-up-to-work-face HKG based FAs which is recently the norm

I'm approaching 1300 CP 3 months into my membership year but CX can't even give me back an award on like what? a single segment that makes up 3% of my flown revenue distance? Conserving premiumness is one thing but being rude and stubborn is another.
I
just did an experiment, it appears some new process is in place which is absolutely shite compared to before for DMs.
Basically, disrespect to the actual loads (yes I do have access to that as well - thank you very much). If the flight is not showing at least close 9 in all buckets, the CSO have been "trained" to reject any requests to control to consider releasing any seats. Exceptions are there, but that's the general feedback!
Ultra annoying! I mean even BAEC has a Joker for GGL, for DM - especially for us who travel in excess of 1800CP, there should be some type of additional priority.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium

To make you feel a little better, I got a NO when I tried to redeem one way F the other month on a F6A6 CX261 flight (it was Nov last year when I was trying to redeem for March this year). Yup, a completely empty F cabin four months away and they wouldn't even allow a DM to redeem! I am now trying to burn my miles as fast as I can as I don't really see the value of it!
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:59 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
To make you feel a little better, I got a NO when I tried to redeem one way F the other month on a F6A6 CX261 flight (it was Nov last year when I was trying to redeem for March this year). Yup, a completely empty F cabin four months away and they wouldn't even allow a DM to redeem! I am now trying to burn my miles as fast as I can as I don't really see the value of it!
hold a seat with ur dm power, ticket award, cancel.
G-CIVC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.