Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Almost 6 months after Asiamiles devaluation...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Almost 6 months after Asiamiles devaluation...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by fallinasleep
Wait, BA/QF are offering J award seats on CX metal but AM isn't (for the same flights)?

How long has this been going on?
See example below

Doesn't make sense to me...

Hope that it's an IT error where people are pulling the wrong inventory! (used to happen for married / connecting segements. but now happening for HKG O&D sectors!!!)

Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
That's true, the last time I raised the issue I was basically told since it was peak season, they believe they can sell the seats anyway...
CX/AM may also thinks they can push some member who redeemed transit flight change it to direct flight, so they can earn more handling fee
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by ermen
See example below

Hope that it's an IT error where people are pulling the wrong inventory! (used to happen for married / connecting segements. but now happening for HKG O&D sectors!!!)
Hong Kong/India No IT
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by rickywk
CX/AM may also thinks they can push some member who redeemed transit flight change it to direct flight, so they can earn more handling fee
That's not true for married segments. They won't help you to break the married segment if there's no availability for direct flight.

Or you may try to pay for the Choice/Tailored awards
See Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by davidtai
That's not true for married segments. They won't help you to break the married segment if there's no availability for direct flight.

CX/AM always provides a lot awards seats in last mins(in off peak season)
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ermen
See example below

Nope .... This kind of stuff also happens for HKG-Australia flights as well. Could easily book 4 * CX PE seats in peak using QFF but not on CX AM (nothing offered apart from Tailored, not even Y). For non-peak can definitely get 2-4 J seats on QFF depending on the routes.

I feel that local HKers get royally scr*wed.

Last edited by kamchatsky; Feb 19, 2019 at 3:26 am
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:30 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by davidtai

he prob means hkg xtpe nrt on a different flight number
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:35 am
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
CX/AM always provides a lot awards seats in last mins(in off peak season)
You must be kidding. I tried to redeem a flight award in J for my dad in France for my wedding in HK last November, to no avail... Tried through Paris, London, Frankfurt, Milan and other European cities, nothing.
The CX DM line was apologetic, but I’ve never had such a poor redemption experience.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by jsfrSE

You must be kidding. I tried to redeem a flight award in J for my dad in France for my wedding in HK last November, to no avail... Tried through Paris, London, Frankfurt, Milan and other European cities, nothing.
The CX DM line was apologetic, but I’ve never had such a poor redemption experience.
Not really, my friends just fly to DUB which he cannot redeem J seats at about 6 months before, he redeemed Y.
CX did release a lot of Y + J awards seats at about 14 days before flying date, he said the Y + J loading is just about half
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by kaka

he prob means hkg xtpe nrt on a different flight number
Yes, and something like HKG MEL/ADL SYD routing which CX/AM haven't release HKG SYD direct flight awards seat until very last mins.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:29 am

Not really, my friends just fly to DUB which he cannot redeem J seats at about 6 months before, he redeemed Y.
CX did release a lot of Y + J awards seats at about 14 days before flying date, he said the Y + J loading is just about half
I tried to redeemed a J award, from a month and a half to 5 days before my wedding early November. Tried from 6 key European cities and nothing available.
Are your friends CX DMs?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:58 am

I tried to redeemed a J award, from a month and a half to 5 days before my wedding early November. Tried from 6 key European cities and nothing available.
Are your friends CX DMs?
He's Green.

I also just redeemed this Nov. J seat of HKG MAD ZRH route, I did it at this month and I don't have any status.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:16 am

He's Green.

I also just redeemed this Nov. J seat of HKG MAD ZRH route, I did it at this month and I don't have any status.
Great for you guys.
To my point precisely; being a CX DM is simply not worth it anymore.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:32 am

Great for you guys.
To my point precisely; being a CX DM is simply not worth it anymore.
Not sure about BA, did BA gold can see different BA awards ticket availability?
CX DM is great for frequent flyer, but seems not very well position as miles burner, just my two cents.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
I have a RT redemption booking for April between MNL-HKG, however I wanted to move my return flight a day earlier (which would fall on the end of a "4-day" weekend), last February, I called MPO and they told me they could only offer WL on the last flight leaving that day (I will be connecting from ORD and didn't want to spend an extra night in HKG, and no this isn't the Jan 1 error fare). Anyway fast forward to yesterday, EF was showing i3, so I wasn't really hoping for anything but I decided to just give MPO a call and see if they any updates on WL.

While the agent said it's still on the waitlist he said, as a DM he can check if there is a way to get things cleared....after a few minutes he came back and said he was able to clear my WL for the flight.
kaka likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.