Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Can’t manage booking while logged in as a registered user

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond

I booked a CX itinerary a couple of months ago on the CX website, and I booked it without signing up for an account. I later signed up and registered for an account, but when I logged in it didn’t show the booking. That didn’t surprise me, but when it tried to add the booking it could not find it. I tried both the booking reference and the ticket number, and I tried both the website and ap. I am able to look up the itinerary if I am not logged into the web site or ap, so I know the itinerary still exists and the booking reference is valid. I also verified I have the same family and given names (first and middle) in my profile and the itinerary. Any idea why I can’t find the booking when I am logged into the website or ap?

i haven’t tried calling them yet, I thought I would check here first to see if I’m missing something.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:10 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by hbtr
I booked a CX itinerary a couple of months ago on the CX website, and I booked it without signing up for an account. I later signed up and registered for an account, but when I logged in it didn’t show the booking. That didn’t surprise me, but when it tried to add the booking it could not find it. I tried both the booking reference and the ticket number, and I tried both the website and ap. I am able to look up the itinerary if I am not logged into the web site or ap, so I know the itinerary still exists and the booking reference is valid. I also verified I have the same family and given names (first and middle) in my profile and the itinerary. Any idea why I can’t find the booking when I am logged into the website or ap?

i haven’t tried calling them yet, I thought I would check here first to see if I’m missing something.
Did you try to retrieve the booking and "add" your CX identity, by adding your CX/AM/MPC number ?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cambo
Did you try to retrieve the booking and "add" your CX identity, by adding your CX/AM/MPC number ?
I am actually listing my AA # in my booking.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Also seems to happen when there is a middle name that's not in the Marco Polo / CX website profile but IS on the PNR and vice versa. Callcenter will be able to confirm and assist.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:30 am

I am actually listing my AA # in my booking.
Your AA identity, though how "different" is that from your CX identity ? If different, I can understand, the automation is not able to make a match.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:53 am

You should be able to add a booking to your profile without linking it through MPO/AM. To do so, log in to the desktop site as usual and go to Manage Booking. On the right side of the screen will be an option to add a booking. You can find the booking by PNR or e-ticket number.

Once added, the screen doesn’t refresh properly but a manual refresh of the page should bring up your booking. If not, try logging out and logging back in again.

Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I have tried to use the "registered user" for a while as I am not MPC.
I stopped doing it as there are too many inconsistencies/problems with it and very few benefits.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:44 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I have found that you can't add a booking to your registered account if your first and middle names don't match.

For example in the account the name is "Andrew John Smith"

For the booking to be able to be added, you needed to have booked your ticket as ANDREWJOHN as your first name.
forumpersona999 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: Cathay Diamond and Singapore Gold
Anybody has issues with MMB when after you click on ‘change booking’? The loading page appears but leads me to a blank page? It seems to be this case for a few bookings that i have..
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Hi folks,

thanks for for all of the feedback. I confirmed that my middle name was in both my profile and by itinerary. What finally worked was adding my travel doc info to my profile, then Manage Booking was able to find it.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:17 am

Hi folks,

thanks for for all of the feedback. I confirmed that my middle name was in both my profile and by itinerary. What finally worked was adding my travel doc info to my profile, then Manage Booking was able to find it.
Looks to me, the moment a PP number is entered, CX software considers this as a 100% identity match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.