Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Hold booking without ticketing timeline for DM - eligible fare class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM

Pardon me if I did not understand the rules correctly: I have been making revenue bookings by calling the MPO DM hotline. As a DM benefit, they can hold the bookings without ticketing deadline. Will usually call the hotline when I am ready to ticket. Today an agent said it is not possible to hold Q class, and that only N class & above can be held. Anyone has encountered this too?
Thanks much.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
I regularly hold V class. No changes advised to me so far.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
The last time I did this, for R, was told that no expiry for the reservation but that the fare could only be guaranteed for 24hrs- Long shot, but could your agent have been mixing the fare with the inventory in a particular fareclass?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Definitely not the case, had held Q class bookings for quite a number of times... But fare can only be held for 24 hours as jagmeets said... Also mind you in case later CX remove Q fare from the chart table your booking will be voided and can't be ticketed...

Is your flight doesn't have Q class or Q promotion is ending soon?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:55 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by fairhsa
I regularly hold V class. No changes advised to me so far.
V class is above N class.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by landingpoint
Pardon me if I did not understand the rules correctly: I have been making revenue bookings by calling the MPO DM hotline. As a DM benefit, they can hold the bookings without ticketing deadline. Will usually call the hotline when I am ready to ticket. Today an agent said it is not possible to hold Q class, and that only N class & above can be held. Anyone has encountered this too?
Thanks much.
You can hold Q class... unless if was under promotion. i.e. one some route they don't sell Q class at regular basis, like ex-Australia, normally V is the lowest class you can book, and when CX runs promotions, they would sell lower class like Q, they can hold your Q class fare until the end of promotion, however not removing ticketing deadline.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:36 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
There was not any limit before the last round of changes in 17/18 - I've helped held both award and some deep discount 0% tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.