Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Glass in congee and flies - Quality of Wing / Pier F restaurants...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:01 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM

Broken glass in my congee three days ago in Pier F. Now swarm of flies (**huge** swarm) having buffet in the dessert and fruits area of Wing F. What's happening with CX????!!!!

They kept saying sorry to me. I said, no need to say sorry, I won't die because of this. But if this goes on it's CX who indeed will die...
Carfield, kaka, Sohoboy and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by tedhl
What's happening with CX????!!!!
Somehow, I don't see either of these as part of any company-wide relaxing of standards. Do you? Really? Cost-savings at CX, so we can now expect broken glass in our food?

Probably just a coincidence and a couple of mistakes. Yes, the broken glass is a serious oversight and perhaps should cost someone his/her job given the safety implications. But I just don't see this as the result of any corporate action by CX.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Somehow, I don't see either of these as part of any company-wide relaxing of standards. Do you? Really? Cost-savings at CX, so we can now expect broken glass in our food?

Probably just a coincidence and a couple of mistakes. Yes, the broken glass is a serious oversight and perhaps should cost someone his/her job given the safety implications. But I just don't see this as the result of any corporate action by CX.
Agreed. I've never seen this problem anywhere else in CX network that I've travelled
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: CXAM BAEC
Severe deterioration of food quality, service standard since the leaving of Pen Group...
kaka and Isochronous like this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
The service in the Wing was atrocious when I last visited just before Xmas.
Sohoboy and G-CIVC like this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
I swear it'll be straight to the QF lounge for me soon. Any day. CX will be paying for it every single time
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
CX should seriously switching to another vendor like Maxims / Tai Hing catering, plus Ho Hung Kee for the Congee and Noodles part and do a pest control -> close Lounges for a big clean up drive
kaka and shd9 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:59 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I have never liked how they leave food out in the open now. They need to have covers on everything.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I have seen the flies in the Wing F dining area, too. I thought maybe it was a one-off incident, but based on this report, it doesn't sound isolated at all.
I don't recall ever seeing flies in the past, so maybe it's a process issue with this caterer?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:31 pm

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Flies - Could be due to the increasing number of construction work inside the terminal. Of course CX / operator has the ultimate responsibility to keep the food clean, AA is also responsible for this

Glass - Likely one-off I'd say... But yes I agree this is serious enough issue anywhere (not just in a lounge) to request for a proper handling / follow-up, not just an apology
jerrywu likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
I have seen the flies in the Wing F dining area, too. I thought maybe it was a one-off incident, but based on this report, it doesn't sound isolated at all.
Think positive. Flies mean no formalin in the food so ...
And no, it was not one-off incident. I saw a fly at Wing F dining area last week. It wasn't a swarm so I was like ... whatever.

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
I swear it'll be straight to the QF lounge for me soon. Any day. CX will be paying for it every single time
That's what I will do moving forward (and not because of the fly). I visited QF lounge for the first time this past week (after visiting Wing F). I normally don't hop around but was curious as some people here kept saying QF lounge is better. Verdict? Moving forward it will always be turn right from immigration (north) instead of turning left from immigration (south).

For me, this feels like MPC vs. other OW FFP all over again. I kept visiting Wing F (when departing from lower gates) because it was familiar and better (at least that's what I thought - afterall, it's a CX F lounge and this is HKG). Also, I was too lazy to hop around. After my QF lounge visit this past week, it was like ... err ... why did I keep going to Wing F in the last few years?? Will still go to Pier F when flying to CGK (it usually leaves from 60/70s) but no more Wing F ... let all the other AA/AS folks go to Wing F when they fly from VN to US.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:13 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
@Rivarix just curious what you liked in the QF lounge particularly?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
I don't recall ever seeing flies in the past, so maybe it's a process issue with this caterer?
Having the open air aspect with the The Wing/Qantas lounge, with all kinds of contaminations (including sound) from the outside terminal, is one of the reasons, I do prefer The Pierre.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
A few weeks ago, I used the QF lounge, though I wasn't that much impressed. It's OK, but I could not judge it better than the BA lounge at LHR (only a less busy).
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:41 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Cambo
Having the open air aspect with the The Wing/Qantas lounge, with all kinds of contaminations (including sound) from the outside terminal, is one of the reasons, I do prefer The Pierre.
I do prefer Pierre too https://www.mandarinoriental.com/hon...cuisine/pierre
G-CIVC, Rivarix, thomas164 and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.