Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Will my award waitlist clear? Master thread 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Continuation of this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1581009-how-exactly-does-cx-waitlist-work-awards.html
Print Wikipost

Will my award waitlist clear? Master thread 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:00 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by kspeed88
thanks for your earlier reply, but no, nothing. Checked spam folder too. Online account still says ticket issuance is available until November date.
Wow. Lucky you. You got a free hold then.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: BAEC, AsiaMiles
Amazing! Not getting my hopes up until we've got the points and paid for it though, just in case!
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Waitlisted PVG-HKG-BKK J class award three days ago and received an email today advising me that it cleared.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by cdgx
Hi ,

Can anyone please help check the following flight, i am current on waiting list!!! PLEASE!!!

HKG - SYD Business Class
21 Jan 2019 CX 101
22 Jan 2019 CX 161
22 Jan 2019 CX 101

Much Appreciated!!!
J1 I0 W0
J5 I1 W1
J4 I1 W0

Good luck
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:53 am

I waitlisted for the flight below and got confirmed in a few hours:

HKG>NRT
6 Apr: CX524
Business (Tailored)

The deadline to issue the ticket was in late March.
When I called MPC to see if there's a return flight I could redeem together, they put me on hold for around 5mins and told me no return flights are available, and that my issue deadline has now become late Jan.

What would have made them done that? Was it simply me trying to push it?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by cosmic24
The deadline to issue the ticket was in late March.
When I called MPC to see if there's a return flight I could redeem together, they put me on hold for around 5mins and told me no return flights are available, and that my issue deadline has now become late Jan.

What would have made them done that? Was it simply me trying to push it?
Cos you called https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...confirmed.html

But (I'm not sure if #30 above is an exception) they send snarky little emails cutting deadlines these days even if you don't call or they can't call you

Last edited by percysmith; Jan 13, 2019 at 10:56 am
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
Cos you called

But (I'm not sure if above is an exception) they send snarky little emails cutting deadlines these days even if you don't call or they can't call you
Wow, thank you for digging up such a dusted case.
Quite a bummer.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:39 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to waitlisting on CX so apologize in advance if this has been discussed.

I've a HKG-SFO J award confirmed in late Jan, but would like to change to any date between late Feb and early March. The new date can be flexible. However, the problem is that there is no standard J award between HKG and SFO on any date between late Feb and early March.

Is it possible to waitlist new dates in addition to my confirmed date under the same record locator? Or I have to waitlist new dates and once cleared call to change to the new date?

My last resort would be to no show the late Jan flight and wait for the last min seats open up in late Feb. But I'd prefer to have a confirmed date in advance.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club - Silver
Originally Posted by etkuo

Unless you are a DM (and even then they seems to be doing that a lot less nowadays), calling AM or MPC the agents can only read off what availabilities the system shows. i.e. They can't open up award seats for you.
That being said, is it worth booking a Economy Choice Award or Premium Economy Standard award instead? (Both are listed as waitlist flights as well)
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by percysmith

Wow. Lucky you. You got a free hold then.

Only when all the sectors are confirmed, they won't adjust your deadline. When all the sectors are confirmed, do not answer their calls. The deadline will be kept at 10 days before your first flight. That's my experience over the years.

Last edited by Donkitravel; Jan 14, 2019 at 6:47 am
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by cdgx
Hi ,

Can anyone please help check the following flight, i am current on waiting list!!! PLEASE!!!

HKG - SYD Business Class
21 Jan 2019 CX 101
22 Jan 2019 CX 161
22 Jan 2019 CX 101

Much Appreciated!!!
You get higher chance if you waitlist CX111 or CX161 on both days. Your original waitlist bookings should have expired. Make a new one to get a new expiry date of four days before departure.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Donkitravel
Only when all the sectors are confirmed, they won't adjust your deadline. When all the sectors are confirmed, do not answer their calls. The deadline will be kept at 10 days before your first flight. That's my experience over the years.
My experience too over the years until 22/6/18.

Last edited by percysmith; Jan 14, 2019 at 8:57 am
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:46 am

The 4pm sweeper is still very much alive:

Last edited by percysmith; Jan 14, 2019 at 8:58 am
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA CK (quit 2018), Starwood Platinum, National EXC Elite
Anyone noticed that ability to waitlist for a UPG (in my case from J to F) feature has disappeared on the "manage my booking" page (the old version), Even on new website, ability to waitlist for an award UPG is seemingly absent also.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: CX MPC DM
I was waitlisted for PEY->J upgrade on CX890 Feb 1 2019 as CX GO. I've been waitlisted for upgrade my last 3 return flights out of HKG and had not cleared but was able to do instant upgrade. This morning I called MPC because I had been given extension in November for GO -> DM upgrade until 2/29. When they gave the extension they said to call when I got 215 CP the amount I was short for DM. So I called MPC and the agent said they would process my move to DM by the end of the day. I also asked about my waitlisted upgrade and he said he would put me on priority waitlist since I was becoming a DM.

Well 2 hours later, checked my booking and see I've been confirmed for my upgrade. I'm a little shocked as the flight is very close to Chinese New Year and I was anticipating availability to become very tight. It's a very pleasant surprise. Is this a fluke or the power of being DM?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.