Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Luggage advice on a 3 days stopover in Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:00 am
Original Poster

I will have a 3 days stopover in Hong Kong on my way to Tokyo from Europe with Cathay. My question is how my checked in luggage will be handled. Are there any risks to be lost? Should I ask to retrieve my luggage in Hong Kong? Is there an email to ask this on Cathay?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: CX
I think CX will ask you to collect the luggage. I don't think they keep luggage for longer than 24 hours?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by globalhype
I will have a 3 days stopover in Hong Kong on my way to Tokyo from Europe with Cathay. My question is how my checked in luggage will be handled. Are there any risks to be lost? Should I ask to retrieve my luggage in Hong Kong? Is there an email to ask this on Cathay?
You should plan on picking up your bags at HKIA. If you don't want to deal with them when you're in HK, storage at the airport is pretty cheap.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by chunhw2792
I think CX will ask you to collect the luggage. I don't think they keep luggage for longer than 24 hours?
Neither would you want them to. The risk of getting lost is higher.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Cannot be an airline on Earth that thinks 3 days is a connection where they move the luggage on to the next flight.
infinitium likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: DL/Silver, CX/DM, SPG/Plat
This would solve your problem.

https://www.hongkongairport.com/en/p...aggage-storage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.