Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Weird I class availability in December?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I'm trying to book an itinerary that requires I class availability on a CX flight from HKG to CEB.

Absolutely everything for HKG-CEB in November is showing I9, absolutely everything in December (up to Christmas) is showing I0. The return CEB-HKG is I9 for November and December. Equally, both directions for e.g. HKG-MNL are I9 all the way through.

So it's just that one specific flight with absolutely no I - does this sort of stuff happen often? Is it worth waiting or should I try to change my plans instead? HKG-MNL-CEB seems a bit of a waste of time...
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
It is indeed peak season for HKG-CEB, but I think this is more likely RM locking out all the lowest inventory until they figure out the exact demand patterns. Since you mention that this is part of a bigger itinerary, also take into consideration married segment availabilities.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks - looks like BA's long-haul I fares can be combined with a Y on HKG-CEB... Slightly annoying because I'll be paying the same price for Economy instead of Business, but at least it's only 2 hours.

Interestingly, Premium Economy is also 0'ed out completely according to Expertflyer, but still bookable through Cathay's website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.