FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Help required for DUB HKG A350 900 seats (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1948982-help-required-dub-hkg-a350-900-seats.html)

Yemona Jan 3, 2019 4:02 pm

Help required for DUB HKG A350 900 seats

Newbie question seats CX306/307 DUB HKG
Hi,

first time on Cathay. I searched for the answer to no avail.

My girlfriend and I fly DUB HKG BKK on CX306/701/702/307, I am 6f4 and lowly OW status got me seats 40A, then to BKK 40A, back to HKG 60A, then on 307 59A.

Gf is slim and average height, does not care much about more leg room. My aim is for us to sit together on the long haul flights, ideally on seats with more leg room. How do I maximize our chances, apart from showing up 3h before the flight to maybe luck out on 40B/59 B being still available?

sxc Jan 3, 2019 5:33 pm

If it’s important to you, I would just pay to reserve the seats.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ular-seat.html

GeorgieBoy4 Jan 5, 2019 3:53 am

Remember you can check in online with CX in advance as well, not just arrive physically 3 hours ahead of a flight, if that is the approach you are taking. Have you downloaded the CX app to help in your best endeavours?

dddc Jan 6, 2019 6:40 am

As stated above, you're best bets are:

1) Pay to reserve seats in advance - but here's the catch: what booking class is your G/F's tickets in? I've got flights next month that are in Q class. No pre-allocated seating. If I try to buy the seats in advance, I'm given a very small section of the Y cabin to select from. If I go and make a dummy booking as a full fare Y tickets, the whole Y cabin is available. The exit row seats are available, for a extra fee of course.

2) Online check in opens 48 hours before. Well, near enough to 48 hours. Last time I had a flight it was 47hrs and 50 minutes and that's with me refreshing every minute. Are you on the same booking however? If not you'll need to have to screens open and move yourselves together and save the seats before anyone else grabs them.

Good luck and remember to come back and tell us how it went.

Yemona Jan 6, 2019 1:50 pm

Dddc: Thank you. Re your point 2, yes we are in the same booking, once I check in 48h beforehand, will extra leg room seats become bookable for free? Or just more of the regular Y cabin?

Yemona Jan 16, 2019 12:34 am

To answer my own question: I completed online checkin exactly 48h beforehand via the app and the bulkhead seats became available for free for my girlfriend to be seated next to me on both flight segments to BKK.

AmD950 Jan 16, 2019 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Yemona (Post 30660410)
To answer my own question: I completed online checkin exactly 48h beforehand via the app and the bulkhead seats became available for free for my girlfriend to be seated next to me on both flight segments to BKK.

Bulkhead seats are not necessarily extra leg room seats, and CX classifies some of the exit row seats non-extra leg room seats (available for free as well.)

Yemona Jan 18, 2019 12:40 am

We are in HKG now, 40 A and C turned out to be great, free middle seat, plenty of leg room.

dddc Jan 18, 2019 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Yemona (Post 30669579)
We are in HKG now, 40 A and C turned out to be great, free middle seat, plenty of leg room.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know. I wonder if your status helped get her the bulkhead next you. When ever I've checked in, those seats are gone.

Yemona Jan 19, 2019 1:21 am

Originally Posted by dddc (Post 30671990)
Thanks for coming back and letting us know. I wonder if your status helped get her the bulkhead next you. When ever I've checked in, those seats are gone.

When I checked in exactly 48 hours beforehand, both seats next to my 40A were freely available, so I doubt my status helped at all apart from me being able to pre-book my 40A months ahead. Light load in eco, very little status customers and the high costs for reserving bulkhead seats for non statue customers helped us I think. Let’s hope the same holds true for the return on Sun 27th:).

Yemona Jan 19, 2019 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Yemona (Post 30673749)

When I checked in exactly 48 hours beforehand, both seats next to my 40A were freely available, so I doubt my status helped at all apart from me being able to pre-book my 40A months ahead. Light load in eco, very little status customers and the high costs for reserving bulkhead seats for non status customers helped us I think. Let’s hope the same holds true for the return on Sun 27th:).