Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Vietnam to US mistake fare discussion - 2019 Cathay New Year's gift

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vietnam to US mistake fare discussion - 2019 Cathay New Year's gift

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hw711
Do they respond faster by contact form or email to [email protected]? I emailed 17hours ago but never heard anything back.
try DM on twitter or facebook.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Reading some blogs about Lufthansa suing passengers who skip their last legs....wonder if CX would do the same to recoup some of the losses from this.

The guy won round one. LH is appealing.

It’s very likely the original court decision will stick
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by deadinabsentia

The guy won round one. LH is appealing.

It’s very likely the original court decision will stick
Do you think the decision of the court will make a precedent and change the fare rules of all the flight tickets?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:33 pm

Deleted - wrong thread.

Last edited by bacxow; Feb 19, 2019 at 12:34 pm Reason: Deleted
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:07 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Good news to ex-HKG travellers of this fare I trust

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia...l#post30804923
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott & SPG Platinum, Hertz Platinum, Avis PC, Sixt Diamond
Just made an outbound date change with AMEX Travel for $100.

Used Expertflyer to verify J/A availability before calling.
For some reason a new booking reference was assigned and the change confirmation email showed a downgrade to J for HKG-JFK. However, on CX's website it's still in F.
Was able to choose an F seat and check in.

Happy flying guys!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by davidtai
Do you think the decision of the court will make a precedent and change the fare rules of all the flight tickets?
yes

similar clause ex italy is hardcoded in CoC
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: delta skymiles SM
@EWEWR,

I assume your original ticket was purchased through AMEX travel portal? I am still having issues with Expedia processing a date change, even with confirmed J/A availability.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott & SPG Platinum, Hertz Platinum, Avis PC, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by swbink02
@EWEWR,

I assume your original ticket was purchased through AMEX travel portal? I am still having issues with Expedia processing a date change, even with confirmed J/A availability.
Yes I purchased the tickets from US AMEX travel website.
Called US Platinum Travel Services and took them 15 mins to make the change.
Re-ticketing took 2hrs+ though.

Tip: Platinum/Centurion Travels Services (PTS/CTS) have access and can make changes to AMEX travel online bookings. Do not let them transfer you to the AMEX travel online department as those agents are usually less competent than PTS/CTS agents.
infinitium likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:29 am

Any J/A availability showing again?

I’ve got 2 tickets in July from Hanoi to New York with the mistake fares. Have they still shut down the J class to Hong Kong and A to New York? I wouldn’t mind going instead leaving June and back Mid July. Although I know I’m lucky to go at all. Anyone had any luck swapping with just the $100 fee around those dates? I will call them but thought I’d ask to make it easier when I call. Without ExpertFlyer what is easiest way I can check class availability? I’m new to all of this.

EDIT: I joined ExpertFlyer and found dates with the same flight numbers and availability in the right classes (J and A) but when I then went to try and change on the CX website it wont allow me to. I can't set point of origin to Vietnam though on ExpertFlyer so maybe it's not giving me accurate results?

EDIT AGAIN: So I rang and they are telling me on the phone there are no A class seats for month of June and that even F is full some days. I asked why I can see on heaps on FlyerTalk and they said it's because those may be allocated to travel agents to book only which sounds like rubbish. I asked them if they had just cancelled out all A tickets with the Vietnam POS so we can't change and they said they hadn't. I know I'm lucky to get anything at all but had raised my hopes a little after others had changed their tickets.

Last edited by LouKay; Apr 4, 2019 at 6:31 pm Reason: More info
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
I have one segment on Vietnam airlines. I think I will credit to Delta, but I cant figure out a way to add my number on line. Any advice. I am able to add my AA number to my Cathay segments.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by smitty06
I have one segment on Vietnam airlines. I think I will credit to Delta, but I cant figure out a way to add my number on line. Any advice. I am able to add my AA number to my Cathay segments.
call them
btw do u hv vn code or cx/ka?
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by kaka

call them
btw do u hv vn code or cx/ka?
I am not sure. My reservation says CX1790, but the flight is Vietnam Airlines
kaka likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by smitty06
I am not sure. My reservation says CX1790, but the flight is Vietnam Airlines
Id be surprised if you can add DL number to a CX Codeshare operated by VN, let alone credit.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by kaka
Id be surprised if you can add DL number to a CX Codeshare operated by VN, let alone credit.
Thank you for your response. Do you know where I can credit. I get a bit confused with the codeshares. If I can credit to Cathay that would be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.