Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Vietnam to US mistake fare discussion - 2019 Cathay New Year's gift

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vietnam to US mistake fare discussion - 2019 Cathay New Year's gift

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:57 am

Just 100$ at same A ,
sounds great!

thank you !
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope
change fee is defo $100, in addition fare differences. If the dates you are looking for have availability in A class, then it should only cost $100. If not, then the additional fees would be in the five digits.
just 100$ at same A !, sounds great!
thank you!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by nnn555
just 100$ at same A !, sounds great!
thank you!
Expedia might also charge their own admin fee, you would need to look at their own Terms and Conditions for that.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:52 pm

Quick question about this fare. If I arrive in CX F with a VN connection, but I show them an onward CX flight purchased separately due to "change of plans," would they stop me from going into the F lounge?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Originally Posted by krugmaniac
Quick question about this fare. If I arrive in CX F with a VN connection, but I show them an onward CX flight purchased separately due to "change of plans," would they stop me from going into the F lounge?
I don’t understand why you wouldn’t. Just present the F boarding pass and new CX boarding pass. Or alternatively your lounge invitation is going to be printed in your departure airport, just hand that to the lounge agent.

Merely saying it would be practical to do it. Dropping the last segment and consequence is your decision, and may carry some responsibilities
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:05 pm

Refund / cancellation?

I bought three of the first class tickets. However circumstances this year are forcing me to cancel these sadly.

Does anyone have any experience in what the easiest way to cancel the tickets are, what the fee is? And also what the best phone number is to do the cancellation? Ideally, if there is a particular office that would Cancel and refund the tickets with no charge that would be great. Appreciate any experiences people have had.

Thank you.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Smile

Originally Posted by MilesToGoBeforeISleep
I bought three of the first class tickets. However circumstances this year are forcing me to cancel these sadly.

Does anyone have any experience in what the easiest way to cancel the tickets are, what the fee is? And also what the best phone number is to do the cancellation? Ideally, if there is a particular office that would Cancel and refund the tickets with no charge that would be great. Appreciate any experiences people have had.

Thank you.
I think the cancellation fee is $300 dollars. If it were me, I would probably try to plead my case to Cathay Pacific to see if I could get a free cancellation. They may let you since it allow them to resell the seat at a higher price. Or find someone with the same name as you and sell the tickets to them.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by krugmaniac
Are you One World Emerald? If so, just show your new boarding pass and you will be good to go.
chitink likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:05 pm

Thank you.
I cancelled my tickets online, hit up CX via Twitter PM, and ended up not paying a cancellation fee, even though the Twitter team said I would have too. Give it a shot.....
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), TK Elite (*A Gold)
I would love to know (as much as were originally sold) how many of these are now being cancelled. I guess CX factored this into their decision making process.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by plunet
Expedia might also charge their own admin fee, you would need to look at their own Terms and Conditions for that.
thank you!
i will post if i can change my date
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
talking about contractual obligations only when if suits you.
how interesting.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kaka
talking about contractual obligations only when if suits you.
how interesting.
LMAO
That's why I bought C class for that very reason, since I'll probably be making a gazillion changes

At least some people are cancelling so we won't be seeing F0 for the next 11 months.

Still, this is a nice 2019 gift from CX
Better than "Lai See"
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I bought one ticket from DAD to NYC on first. Called Cathay Hong Kong trying to change the date. Even tho I found J+A+A+J class available on expertflyer. It seems if I do direct search on Cathay website or on matrix.itasoftware.com everything appears to be on F. The phone agent also says she couldn’t find it around May, June period...Maybe they pulled A from the system again?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat United Premier Silver Hilton Diamond Marriott Gold
If you fill out a contact form they will likely refund you in full. They issued me a separate refund for 2 of my tickets (canceled within 24 hours which they refused to honor originally) but in the reply email said due to the error fare they would be happy to fully refund me

Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.