Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Marco Polo Club
Reload this Page >

Cathay + Air China Single Ticket Redemption

Old Dec 29, 18, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Just off the phone with an agent trying to redeem my Asia Miles on a CX + CA itinerary via PEK to a Chinese city that CX/KA doesn't fly to. All 4 sectors (HKG-PEK-Chinese city) have availability, but the agent said it cannot be ticketed as a single redemption, but split into 2 separate reward bookings. Has anyone heard of this? Awfully weird it cannot be redeemed as a single CX + partner award.
Old Dec 29, 18, 3:45 pm

Programs: CX Something, SQ Soon to be Something, QF Nothing, AS Soon to be Something
You can only have a maximum of 2 sectors in a one-way award ticket. See point 4 in the T&C:
https://www.asiamiles.com/en/terms-a...onditions.html
Old Dec 29, 18, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CX GR, AS MVP GLD
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Just off the phone with an agent trying to redeem my Asia Miles on a CX + CA itinerary via PEK to a Chinese city that CX/KA doesn't fly to. All 4 sectors (HKG-PEK-Chinese city) have availability, but the agent said it cannot be ticketed as a single redemption, but split into 2 separate reward bookings. Has anyone heard of this? Awfully weird it cannot be redeemed as a single CX + partner award.

CA cannot be combined with other airlines for AM awards. This is indeed a thing..
Old Dec 30, 18, 12:01 am
Original Poster

I guess I have to find a HKG-PEK / SZX-PEK routing on CA and have the entire itinerary be all CA to save 10,000 Asia Miles.