Wiki Posts
Search

Partner Award Blackout, HKG-SIN?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Partner Award Blackout, HKG-SIN?

So I've done the search for a return C award, HKG-SIN on partners. AA gives me MH flights both ways and BA gives me CX outbound and MH return. What gives?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
May just be award availability
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I don't know for AA, but BAEC now gives a much more restricted availability on CX than if you use Asia Miles.
This is quite recent (say a couple of months) and different from being unable to view availability for the coming week.
Difference in availability for regional flights is now stunning. Whether AA gets the same availability as BA or not, I don't know.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
I don't know for AA, but BAEC now gives a much more restricted availability on CX than if you use Asia Miles.
This is quite recent (say a couple of months) and different from being unable to view availability for the coming week.
Difference in availability for regional flights is now stunning. Whether AA gets the same availability as BA or not, I don't know.
Checking on the same dates, there was CX availability on BA but only MH on AA. Grrrrr
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Originally Posted by abraxis
Checking on the same dates, there was CX availability on BA but only MH on AA. Grrrrr
Wait! You are trying to search for CX availability on AA website? AA website doesn’t show CX availabilities; you have to call AAdvantage and they usually can see what BA sees. AA recently expanded its online search function to include MH, TN and some other airlines, but they doesn’t include CX.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Hmm. worth a phone call. I was an EXP until they went revenue based; now am lowly general member. Stayed away from AA since then. I thought they fixed their website. I'll give it a shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.