Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Marco Polo Club
Reload this Page >

CX day flights to Europe other than London?

Old Dec 27, 18, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

I need to fly from HKG to anywhere in Europe and my preference is a day flight. I am reluctant to fly directly to London.

Which European cities does CX fly directly to during the day?
Old Dec 27, 18, 6:55 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond
only CDG
Old Dec 27, 18, 7:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Platinum, GE
And Frankfurt soon
Old Dec 27, 18, 7:37 am

Programs: TK Elite
May I ask you, why do you prefer a day flight to Europe? In my view you waste a full day on the day flights compared to the night flights where you have a full day in HKG and arrive early morning for a full day in LHR (or elsewhere) - provided of course that you are able to get a least some hours of sleep during the flight. I would take the night flight any day rather than the (feels like) very long day flights. Just my two cents
Old Dec 27, 18, 7:52 am

The day flights let you enjoy the flight (eat, watch some movies, maybe nap but not for too long) without the pressure to try to get a full night’s rest. Then you arrive in Europe, get home or to a hotel and sleep in a proper bed.

I find this much easier for jet lag and much more relaxing than trying to fight through a full day on arrival.

Lots of people prefer the more “efficient” night flight. To each their own!
RoyalSwazi, royng, jysim and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 27, 18, 8:23 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I agree with CXYYZ - I'd much rather take the day flight, stay awake, enjoy CX F, Krug, etc then get to Europe ready to sleep.

But I'm retired. It was different when I was a road warrior and di things like SIN-HKG via CDG so I could have a meeting there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: