Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Marco Polo Club
Reload this Page >

Remove membership number but still receive credit

Old Dec 25, 18, 7:19 am
Original Poster

I recently completed a flight and asked agent to remove my membership number at gate as I donít want to credit this into my account now and would like to claim back in new membership year.

Now I notice it is still credited to my account so would like to check here is this not working now?

If I donít want the flight to be credited should i not enter my membership number upon booking?
Old Dec 25, 18, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by xuukgo View Post
I recently completed a flight and asked agent to remove my membership number at gate as I donít want to credit this into my account now and would like to claim back in new membership year.

Now I notice it is still credited to my account so would like to check here is this not working now?

If I donít want the flight to be credited should i not enter my membership number upon booking?
I have had no problems with this whatsoever. Just did the same for a flight on 22.Dec where I was on standby on an earlier flight (the Agent entered my MPC Diamond number, supposedly, to give me a higher priority), and when I was confirmed on the earlier flight, I asked at the Wing Lounge for my number to be removed again.
Old Dec 25, 18, 11:47 am

Did you have many checked luggage taking advantage of the additional baggage allowance? If that's the case sometimes the system at gate might prompt the agent to take payment of excess baggage and they might enter your membership no. into to the system to waive the fee.
Old Dec 25, 18, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by patrickw View Post
Did you have many checked luggage taking advantage of the additional baggage allowance? If that's the case sometimes the system at gate might prompt the agent to take payment of excess baggage and they might enter your membership no. into to the system to waive the fee.
No luggage at all.
Old Dec 25, 18, 7:36 pm

Programs: BA LTG GGL CCR, SQ TPPS, CX DM, AA Plat 2MM
Did you ask them to reprint your boarding pass? I always do that to ensure whatever I change is correctly recorded and I can go back to the airline to prove it if necessary.
Old Dec 25, 18, 8:35 pm

Programs: NZ *G
How is that going to work? Isn't it always credited to the year in which the flight happened?
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 26, 18, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bagold View Post
Did you ask them to reprint your boarding pass? I always do that to ensure whatever I change is correctly recorded and I can go back to the airline to prove it if necessary.
No I didnít. It all worked before, maybe I should ask them reprint next time.
Old Dec 26, 18, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trooper View Post
How is that going to work? Isn't it always credited to the year in which the flight happened?
Unless something changed recently, it would be credited to the year that claim is submitted.
Old Dec 27, 18, 12:37 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat

Unless something changed recently, it would be credited to the year that claim is submitted.
I just did it on 24th Dec, 2 flights, asked to remove my membership number, my luggage was over the none membership limit so they also had to put in a note to waive the luggage fee. All done perfectly, and the flights disappeared from the CX app. Three days later and my flights haven't been credited yet.

So I can assure you that this still works, maybe your agent didn't do it properly.
Old Dec 27, 18, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, CX Silver, MU Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond

No I didnít. It all worked before, maybe I should ask them reprint next time.
Same happened to me > <
Old Dec 27, 18, 2:21 pm

Programs: NZ *G
Wow... interesting. Wouldn't work with my usual airline Im sure... Nice one!