Search

Long connection time

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold IHG Plat SAA Voyager Alaska Airlines
Long connection time

Looking at flights with long connection times of 10+ hours

Does Cathay allow you to collect luggage as would need to book into airport hotel and would it make any difference passenger is disabled.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by twoclubs
Looking at flights with long connection times of 10+ hours

Does Cathay allow you to collect luggage as would need to book into airport hotel and would it make any difference passenger is disabled.
Having experience with the "disabled" part, the wheelchair support at HKG is excellent. The things to take care about are, to know your way around at the airport and what you want (If you have lounge access, decide what you want, otherwise you will be brought to the location most convenient for the support company, which might not be your lounge choice). The train underneath the airport is convenient, though it's not bi-directional (arrivals transfer goes to the root, departure comes from the root), which makes wheelchair "travel" in the wrong direction really a really long walk, because you can't use the walk-ways. From The Pierre J to Gate 4, can easily be 30+ minutes.

Regarding the timing, since you can circumvent the queues, the whole is often faster than the normal tracks, despite the use of (many) elevators.

To collect the luggage, you have to go land side, if your airport hotel is air side, that might be tricky, since a very early drop-off of your luggage for the next segment might be challenging, though HKG locals can maybe tell more about that.

If you want to go into Hong Kong (or stay land side at the airport), I do expect, you can ask the check-in to short-check your luggage to HKG. Wheelchair support is all the way to the curb, including luggage collection. I hope this gives you sufficient info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.