Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Chance of getting on earlier flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chance of getting on earlier flights?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2019, 2:16 am
THR

Time isn’t at all important. It’s holiday... and I’m happy to spend time in the lounge. But an earlier arrival into SGN may be preferred, given the various references to the lounge experience having been degraded recently.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by THR
Time isn’t at all important. It’s holiday... and I’m happy to spend time in the lounge. But an earlier arrival into SGN may be preferred, given the various references to the lounge experience having been degraded recently.
hard to predict. Nowadays there are lesser anecdotes that will waive the change fees if lights are not oversold
Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima
I have got on an earlier flight at either BKK or SIN 20 times in the last 12 months (always I class) and yesterday at Changi for the first time I was asked to pay a rebooking fee to go from the 0800 flight to the 0640. Have I just been very fortunate on the other 19 occasions, or has policy changed recently, or did I just have an overly strict check in person?
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:42 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Conkers
I have got on an earlier flight at either BKK or SIN 20 times in the last 12 months (always I class) and yesterday at Changi for the first time I was asked to pay a rebooking fee to go from the 0800 flight to the 0640. Have I just been very fortunate on the other 19 occasions, or has policy changed recently, or did I just have an overly strict check in person?
Are you still DM?
Old Nov 16, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima
Originally Posted by percysmith
Are you still DM?
Yep, and I think knocking on the door of DMP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.