Inbound open jaw?

Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Inbound open jaw?

Hi, will be traveling later next year from probably SFO or LAX to SYD. I'd like to leave the return open jaw, with the date not fixed.
How do I do this? How far out from the original booking and outbound flight dates do I have to re-book the inbound?
Probably doesn't matter, but OW emerald (QFF)
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Most Cathay Tickets can not have an open return IIRC. However, you can book the return segment to the latest (to avoid a no-show fee) date allowed and change it to your desired date after your plans are fixed.

This is not called an open-jaw however. Open jaw means A-B; C-A or something like that.
s115 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:58 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...ed-ticket.html
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Thankyou both, yes open return is what im after.
Is it possible to have the return more than 12 months after the original booking date ever?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
Originally Posted by s115
Thankyou both, yes open return is what im after.
Is it possible to have the return more than 12 months after the original booking date ever?
The Max I heard is 12 months. Nothing more.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.