Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

AM fees for upgrading class of service within 24 hours of booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE

I booked an AM award ticket earlier today in PE and just found fresh inventory in J. I called AM to see if they would let me change my award to J, but nobody picked up and I left a voicemail (at noon HK time...). Will they charge me a fee for this change, or are the AM representatives able to waive a change fee in this case? Thanks!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:24 am

I think you need to reissue the award ticket which should cost you $100USD/10K AM
ralphs likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Not sure how things would work if it were an exUS ticket..

and if the tickets not been issued yet..then you should be able to
ralphs likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:34 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by ralphs
or are the AM representatives able to waive a change fee in this case? Thanks!
No. Underempowered.

I think you redeemed online? Already ticketed then.
ralphs likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
i had exact same.situation but much worse... ticketing deadline so at 6pm i issued PE ticket... at 630pm i got sms saying J is cleared... i immediately called back and argued a long way to ask for reissue in J without the reissue fee of US100... they didnt budge... i didnt even get eTicket of PE that was just issued thats how lame it was

anyways its cathay Pathetic... sticking to rules is good but sometimes a goodwill can get a long way
ralphs likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by fakecd
i had exact same.situation but much worse... ticketing deadline so at 6pm i issued PE ticket... at 630pm i got sms saying J is cleared... i immediately called back and argued a long way to ask for reissue in J without the reissue fee of US100... they didnt budge... i didnt even get eTicket of PE that was just issued thats how lame it was
At least it was US$100 (US$120 I suspect because you have to refund the PE and issue new J on different booking)...

My mother was initially issued in J HKG-SYD for Easter Thursday. Saw I a week before departure so quickly cancelled reissued her down to that (first HK$1,800). The next morning I saw Priority Two so cancelled the I and reissued the Priority Two (second $1,800)...
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Thanks all for the replies and input. I wanted to update you with what has happened.

I spoke to a nice AM rep who agreed to cancel the PE booking, issue new J tickets, and charge me only taxes/fees (not change fees). This is exactly the customer service resolution I was hoping for, but with a potential snag...

I'm now feeling nervous because it's been 16 hours and the reservation is still showing on the AsiaMiles site as confirmed but not ticketed. Same PNR. My flight is in about 30 hours, ex-USA. I called again (and after a 45 minute wait) was told that everything would be OK. I don't believe everything will be OK until I see a ticket number, but alas, was not able to get that sorted.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:10 am

Congrats. Night shift?

What does previous version MMB say https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...e-booking.html (View Options --> Previous Manage booking) ?
ralphs likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Afternoon, surprisingly.

And it turns out that all that worry was for nothing. CX finally issued tickets at T-23, despite the AM website sternly saying that tickets had to be issued two days prior or else! Thanks all for your help.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ralphs
Afternoon, surprisingly.

And it turns out that all that worry was for nothing. CX finally issued tickets at T-23, despite the AM website sternly saying that tickets had to be issued two days prior or else! Thanks all for your help.
Reward ticket does take some time, don't know why, however nothing to worry about. I always had to book last minute revenue ticket and request upgrade, as long as the rep confirmed your seat, you will have nothing to worry about. It is in the system. Only thing is you can't do online check in or choose your seat, best to request a seat while still on the phone with the rep.
ralphs likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.