2 flights, 2 op ups

Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:57 pm

I realised that too. About 1 out of 4 during SL and GO....then once I got DM....maybe once in a long while (I fly at least twice a month). Maybe the assumption is DM achieved tier status because of frequent travelling in J, not likely he needs upgrading.

(Audio)
jsfrSE and jerrywu like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Originally Posted by beach86
1 out of 43 flights up-op for me as MPC Diamond.
Sounds like they don't like you either! Before I finished with MPC, as a Diamond I scored upgrades about 3% of the time. My maid on her trips to Philippines had a better hit rate.
jsfrSE and beach86 like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:26 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Op Upped Y to PE CX 797 yesterday.

OWE but no CX status.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
I spent a year as a BA Gold / oneworld Emerald. In that year I had booked 5 CX regional and Australian flights in Y+, and was op-uped to J on all of them . I also had a couple of Y to J op-ups on regional planes.

I assume I was the lucky target of a push to get me to switch to MPC, or to move longhaul business to CX (I did not actually have much longhaul business, as it turned out, but I guess CX might have assumed I did).

Dropped down to BA silver / oneworld sapphire the following year and never had another op-up on CX.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Last year, I was even op-upped as a One World Sapphire with AA (Platinum Pro). CX will win my business TPAC every time.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:27 am
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Amazing how CX recognizes their most loyal DM members...
And here we have OW Emeralds who seem to get the consideration of CX... This is one reason amongst others (1 op up in 2 years, service cuts, rewards ticket unavailability, data hack, etc.) why I am now flying long haul routes with Star Alliance.
Nicc HK likes this.

Last edited by jsfrSE; Feb 19, 2019 at 2:54 am
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: CX DM/OWE, Marriott Titanium, Avis Preferred, National EE
Originally Posted by beach86
1 out of 43 flights up-op for me as MPC Diamond.
My ratio is around the same! i miss being at the top of the gold tier cause my upgrade rate was around 95%!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
CX treated me very well when I was QF Plat, upgrades around 75-80% regardless of my fare class. Lucky when the old days way Y-J-F.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I'm flying for the first time with CX on Friday of this week (LHR->HKG->SYD) and then back on 3rd March, all in PE.

As a BAEC Gold card holder, I've received one free upgrade in about 200 flights over the last 3 years, which was WTP -> J last summer on the way back from DXB.

After reading some of the comments in this thread, it sounds like I've got a better chance of being upgraded on CX than on BA, which sounds counter-intuitive to me!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:53 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tredders
I'm flying for the first time with CX on Friday of this week (LHR->HKG->SYD) and then back on 3rd March, all in PE.

As a BAEC Gold card holder, I've received one free upgrade in about 200 flights over the last 3 years, which was WTP -> J last summer on the way back from DXB.

After reading some of the comments in this thread, it sounds like I've got a better chance of being upgraded on CX than on BA, which sounds counter-intuitive to me!
same way these CX DMs and GOs have not a better chance of being upgraded by their own airline, but instead upgrading other OW elites instead
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: Avios
This is my first ever flight with CX. Just got op up from y+ to j on flight from lgw to hkg. Active collector of BA avios but no status with either BA or CX. Am trying to figure out whether it was because I checked in early? No idea. Flight completely packed down the back so guessing just oversold.

Last edited by MintWasabe; Feb 21, 2019 at 4:31 am
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: CX MPC DM
Well you would only get op up in an oversold situation. What is interesting is the profile of upgraded pax, which we can only speculate. It has been theorized that lower BN (i.e. check in early) is a tie breaker. Since you have no FF status, it is possible that you were at the top of the list for pax in that category. What fare class of Y+, E, R, or W?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: Avios
Fares were in E class!
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: MPC CXGO, IHG RA
When I was SL I even once scored an op-up from J to F. And never happened again after I reached GO.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: CX Macro polo Silver, AA platinum
Yesterday got 2flight op-up under one ticket number
CX SIN-HKG Y to PEY
KA HKG-PEK Y to J
look like HKG-PEK flights yesterday were really full since 6 of my friends got op-up and I saw Business passenger got upgrade to first as well, they are all Green and Im SL
thanks CX

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.