Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

KA boarding passes not showing status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist

I don't know if anyone has encountered this recently. I was flying to TPE but didn't check my lounge invite and BP when it was printed in Manila, so when I got to HKG I realized the invite was for the J lounge and no status was printed. The lounge tried printing it again...but still the boarding pass didn't show the status on it. On my return I was able to get an electronic BP, it also didn't show my status but my onward BP to Manila on CX did.

P.S. checked and it seems like my flights last Friday wasn't even posted yet.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:51 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
It happened to me a few times. KA "lost" my status. It never happened to my CX flights though.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: MPC CXGO, IHG RA
It happened to me many times on mobile boarding passes but only once on a printed BP. All of those flights were on KA. The lounge staff said they can see my status in the system but had no idea why it was not shown on the BP.

But I received all of the points and miles without any problems or delays.
FlyPointyEnd likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:06 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by rays
It happened to me many times on mobile boarding passes but only once on a printed BP. All of those flights were on KA. The lounge staff said they can see my status in the system but had no idea why it was not shown on the BP.

But I received all of the points and miles without any problems or delays.
I had a few times where both my status and MPC# were missing on the BPs. There was once when I checked in at the F counter, the check-in lady checked me in but looked at me strangely. Then I noticed both number and status were missing. I asked her. She told me she didn't see my MPC information (but she let me check in F counter). She asked for my MPC card. She then entered my number and printed me a lounge invitation. My checked luggage, however, arrived PEK with the Y passengers. That flight was the second segment on that booking and I flew the first one without problem.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
I had a few times where both my status and MPC# were missing on the BPs. There was once when I checked in at the F counter, the check-in lady checked me in but looked at me strangely. Then I noticed both number and status were missing. I asked her. She told me she didn't see my MPC information (but she let me check in F counter). She asked for my MPC card. She then entered my number and printed me a lounge invitation. My checked luggage, however, arrived PEK with the Y passengers. That flight was the second segment on that booking and I flew the first one without problem.
If it's HKG CX F counter, I doubt any none status occasion flyer would dare to go and try to check in....
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by Ausriver
If it's HKG CX F counter, I doubt any none status occasion flyer would dare to go and try to check in....
As the thread is about KA, KA F counter is a "regional F type" aka regular counter in first class colour. Even so I'd agree with the doubt.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:08 am

Yes this happened to me last time I flew KA HKG-KUL. I actually checked in SIN and my HKG-SIN CX pass was fine, the ticket desk guy was most confused but couldn't fix it. No problem accessing the lounges in HKG the next day and just flashed my card in the BA app for priority boarding, so nbd, interesting to hear it's a wider "bug" though
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I have an upcoming HKG-KUL on KA and will try to remember to report back after checking in at HKG!
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:49 am

Another data point: Both my boarding passes on HKG-KUL-HKG on KA showed status and FF number when I flew this past weekend (Nov 30/Dec 2).
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dkc192
I have an upcoming HKG-KUL on KA and will try to remember to report back after checking in at HKG!
And to report back, my mobile and airport-issued BPs showed my Emerald status just fine. This was for KA725 on December 16.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.