Cathay Mobile App

Old Dec 2, 18, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Cathay Mobile App

What are the views on the Android app? I've signed in to it with my Cx website account and for a day 1 of my 3 booking appeared, however now no bookings show up.

My bookings all appear when I login to the Cx website, the app now has nothing except promotions and an option for me to book new tickets. I've reinstalled the app.

Is it just me? Or is the app known to be unreliable and I'd be better off not using it?
Old Dec 2, 18, 6:51 am

Programs: MPC CXGO, IHG
Just checked my app and no booking shows up. I think there is probably some problem with the system now.

But generally speaking i would say the app is okay to use. For most of the time I could manage my booking and check in for flights using the app without any problem.
Old Dec 2, 18, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks.

I've had issues since installing the app about a week ago.

Annoying - its not card to develop a reliable app!
Old Dec 2, 18, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MPC Silver, IHG Platinum
It logs you out frequently. Just check if you are still logged in. The app in general is quite terrible though. (Why the hello there is way in the app to check MPC status etc.!!??)
Old Dec 3, 18, 10:17 pm

A while ago I made my first ever booking on CX -- a F award through Alaska. Then I took advantage of the black friday deal and booked SFO-HKG round trip. So... now I have two bookings.

I pulled up the bookings on the app, selected seats, etc, etc. But it's annoying to have to "sign out" every time you need to pull up a new booking.

So I tried to create an account using the app ... failed due to "technical reasons. Ok... I get onto the website and create an account. Horrible sign-up flow, but I got it registered and activated. So, I sign into the app with my new account. It says I need to link bookings on the website.

So... I go to the website to link the bookings. I enter a booking code... not found? Umm.... I enter the e-ticket number... not found? My reservation is not really gone, is it?

So, I log out of the app, and look up the booking with my first and last name, and that works. The reservation is definitely there; I just can't find it when I'm logged in. The name on my account is right.

Is this just par for the course? I guess I can live with just having one booking at a time in the app (the trips are 2 months apart) but it would be nice to just sign in and have everything there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: