Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

LHR lounge goes downhill with new operating company

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold

I visited the LHR T3 lounge today and things have changed a bit due to a new company and new catering. The menus are different, some things off the menu (like bircher muesli) and quality not as good. Strangely bircher muesli is in the self service section (not on the first menu) but it's a kind of strawberry gloop that's not like any bircher muesli i've ever eaten.
The worst problem is inability of the staff to understand English (i'm a native English speaker). The shower attendant could not understand what a "razor" was, although some gestures helped get the idea across (she knew it by the name of shaver). An order for earl gray tea and grapefruit juice bought green tea and a latte.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Yes, I was in the lounge last month and this month, noticed a lot of cuts on the FCL lounge menu. In fact AA pulls a better show at breakfast (at least the landside one is pretty solid - not sure about the airside one); and maybe it's time to move over to QF for their a la carte items if I fly out on the right time.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:07 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Is it Sodexo? And have the previous (largely Filipino) staff been replaced?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by riku2
I visited the LHR T3 lounge today and things have changed a bit due to a new company and new catering. The menus are different, some things off the menu (like bircher muesli) and quality not as good. Strangely bircher muesli is in the self service section (not on the first menu) but it's a kind of strawberry gloop that's not like any bircher muesli i've ever eaten.
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Yes, I was in the lounge last month and this month, noticed a lot of cuts on the FCL lounge menu. In fact AA pulls a better show at breakfast (at least the landside one is pretty solid - not sure about the airside one); and maybe it's time to move over to QF for their a la carte items if I fly out on the right time.
Was it similar to QF buffet upstairs/in the morning? I was at QF lounge in the morning back in Jun/Jul. I took a look at QF buffet offering ... and decided to go to CX F lounge for breakfast.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Sounds like BA Flounge may be the best opttion for a "Full English".
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:48 pm

Are we sure it’s not just a December menu change? Bircher is more of a summer time breakfast thing changing to porridge oats..Am in CX F right now and i have Filipino staff who speak great English and food is good, only change from when I visited last month is the champagne is no longer Berry Bros Its now Joseph Perrier 2008 which is quite tasty...
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
hi,

I am here in cx f now. In the sofa between the coffee area and the bar. So far no complaints but I had breakfast at the hgi so not hungry at the moment.

regards

tbs
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Brainless69
Are we sure it’s not just a December menu change?

It is certainly a company change since somebody sitting down at the table next to me also ordered something they remembered from the old menu and the staff member said the menu is different because the operating company has changed.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
hi,

I am here in cx f now. In the sofa between the coffee area and the bar. So far no complaints but I had breakfast at the hgi so not hungry at the moment.

regards

tbs
we were there at the same time! Wished I knew always nice to meet a fellow FT
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi.

we could have had a mini ft do as I met johnalex in the lounge yesterday as he was off to hkg

regards
Brainless69 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi.<br /><br />we could have had a mini ft do as I met johnalex in the lounge yesterday as he was off to hkg<br /><br />regards. Tbs

apologies something went wrong whilst posting on my fire tablet

will be back in the lounge from about 4pm today and will try the dining room

​​​
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Tragically, there’s no more ice cream in the J lounge. The bubbles are now JP which was a big improvement over the Moet previously arrived.

The food was different but I didn’t notice a big change in the quality. We went to QF for breakfast and it was fully available from 8am. Really nice selection.
Brainless69 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi.<br /><br />we could have had a mini ft do as I met johnalex in the lounge yesterday as he was off to hkg<br /><br />regards. Tbs

apologies something went wrong whilst posting on my fire tablet

will be back in the lounge from about 4pm today and will try the dining room

​​​
where are you off to? Mini do would’ve been great!
Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

yesterday I was off to barcelona now am back in the cx lounge ( after waiting 40 mins on the ground for a stand and someone to drive the jetty to the ba flight ) before heading over to t5 for the 2100 ba flight to hkg)

regards

tbs
​​​​
Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:16 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
A small article here confirming Plaza Premium no longer running the LHR lounge. No confirmation that the new operator is Sodexo.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/1...ge-management/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.