Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

LHR lounge goes downhill with new operating company

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR lounge goes downhill with new operating company

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:01 am

Was in the lounge for 4 hours prior to the CX250 departure on Dec 4th. Was pleasantly surprised by the laksa (esp. the soup), it's much better than the laksa served in the HK lounges. Dim sum wasn't impressive but not too much of a complaint. However, all the other food wasn't great. The vanilla panna cotta was really runny (it wasn't set properly or they didn't use enough gelatin) and the wild mushroom soup was quite thin. The drink options were fine but not that extensive.

Forgot to check out the showers, a bit of a shame since I had so much time there. Also worth noting is that even though CX238 departed just an hour earlier, the lounge was never completely full (max it got to was around 75%).
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC, Virgin Flying Club
Just popped into the J lounge on the way to Prague and can confirm it is Sodexo. Some of the staff are wearing sodexho badges. Noodle seems as good as ever and plenty of staff. Oh, and the champagne is definitely slipping down very easily!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: MPC SL
Flying out on CX250 in F on Dec 26. Since I have nothing else to do on the day, would you recommend getting there a few hours earlier to enjoy and grab a meal at the lounge? What about the AA/BA lounge? Should I also hop over and have a look?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

you can hop amongst all the lounges if you like ( there is also the qantas lounge)

regards

tbs
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:04 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sbonathan
Just popped into the J lounge on the way to Prague and can confirm it is Sodexo. Some of the staff are wearing sodexho badges. Noodle seems as good as ever and plenty of staff. Oh, and the champagne is definitely slipping down very easily!
I checked out the J lounge and I saw that they were serving Laurent Perrier, which I honestly prefer over the GH Mumm they served at the Deck in HKG in March

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.