Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX/KA Still Among The Best

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
CX/KA Still Among The Best

I know as regular travellers with CX and KA many have you have witnessed some changes - declines in service and product, food etc. but I wanted to give some perspective as a traveller who flies CX less these days then I used to.

I used to be part of Marco Polo Club and flew CX most of the time, but these days based more and more on the Atlantic I fly AA/BA/VS etc. I recently flew back to HKG and flew a mixture of CX and KA. Food was acceptable and on par with other carriers, whilst hard product and service from FAs was very polished, professional and attentive in the Business cabins. CX new lounges are also world best and I had an excellent experience.

Having done regular travel on other carriers including QR I still consider CX group to be among the best.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:54 am

I moved back to Europe recently and echo those thoughts, CX still does most things right. The airport is great, the lounges top notch, the onboard hard product is consistently great and the service is still better than most. You can argue a preference for airlines in Asia like Garuda, Eva and so on, but i'd rather take comfort in the piloting and maintenance standards at CX, at least for the immediate future.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I flew CX r/t BOS-HKG-BKK in J recently, and mostly agree with these comments. I would say CX has some work to do still on consistency with the lounge experience. In particular, in BKK, the lounge is way too small; arriving mid morning for an 11am flight, there was literally not a single seat free in the entire lounge, and probably 40-50 people standing around hovering for seats. There are lounges everywhere in BKK; I asked the attendant whether they had any provision for overflow and the answer was "no". I asked if this happens often and she acknowledged that it does. Far, far from a "world class" experience; I'd have taken a crowded Delta Sky Club (probably the worst of the US lounges) rather than what CX had on offer in BKK.
frankyguy likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 5:51 pm

From my former Expat days, I can recall CX during better times, but it's still my preferred carrier on transpac flights. From HKG, I'm not sure there is a better option for a long haul flight. Courtesy channel security, then turn left for the Wing for some champagne. Then, onto the Pier (best lounge in the world, in my view) for a day suite, shower, and maybe a sit down dinner before a long flight.

Can't think of another carrier that matches the above in HKG. Needless to say, even in it's worst day, CX has forgotten more about flight service than the American carriers will ever know. Admittedly, while NH/JL has a better soft product, I'm still partial to CX from my expat working days, and this likely will never change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.