FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Recommendations for hard case that fit CX's Carry On requirements (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1941241-recommendations-hard-case-fit-cxs-carry-requirements.html)

HKUSFLYER Nov 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Recommendations for hard case that fit CX's Carry On requirements

I recently found that CX's carry on requirement is probably the smallest. At 56×36×23cm, only the smallest Rimowa would fit the description.

I try to do research for luggage that would fit, and there aren't that many hard cases. Does anyone have a favorite that they would bring?

I am not sure how flexible CX's flight attendants are towards a few CM's (usually it is the width). It seems that business class or above have a heavy allowance but not the dimensions.

TIA for your recommendations.

percysmith Nov 18, 2018 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by HKUSFLYER (Post 30443884)
I am not sure how flexible CX's flight attendants are towards a few CM's (usually it is the width). It seems that business class or above have a heavy allowance but not the dimensions.

They're not known to measure; however, with the new 3-4-3 Economy seating, oversized rollaboards in the back will not be appreciated.

Can I ask whether you will be travelling Economy much?

Also, if yes, can I convince you to check your rollaboard in? CX doesn't have HBO fares yet, but I understand some passengers habitually prefer to avoid queuing for baggage claim (but as someone who habitually prefers to check in, this is a tragedy of the commons problem for me)

HKUSFLYER Nov 18, 2018 8:21 pm

Well I do most of my travel either Y or PEY class, but it probably doesn't matter as the overheads are pretty much the same.

There are many advantages of not checking in the carry-on luggage. Except avoiding the queue at baggage claim, the chances of my luggage being lost will be eliminated. I will also extend the life of my luggage by at least 3 times, given how "gentle" my cases are handled checked-in even with fragile sticker on.

royng Nov 18, 2018 8:28 pm

So far never had problem with Delsey Belford Plus 55cm luggage. But it's a bit larger than the size restriction OP quotes.

maybe the travel gear forum can advise better.

CX is generally easy with carry-on limit.

G-CIVC Nov 18, 2018 10:01 pm

Can't think of any outports that strictly/continuously enforce hand baggage limits, maybe except Japan? I use a standard 'IATA' rimowa - with some sort of status, even on carriers like AA it won't be an issue.

jeweled golf club Nov 19, 2018 1:02 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC (Post 30444104)
Can't think of any outports that strictly/continuously enforce hand baggage limits, maybe except Japan? I use a standard 'IATA' rimowa - with some sort of status, even on carriers like AA it won't be an issue.

Japan is fine, OZ is strict, HKG security does the dirty work.

AND I use MUJI for the wheel lock