Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie using F class.......

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by jagmeets
I agree that this outfit is clean and neat. While it wouldn't be my first choice, neither would it bother me at all.

Originally Posted by jagmeets
Actually, I don't mind most of them.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
I never wear shorts outside of my own house, except for exercising, period.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:16 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I wear shorts everywhere all the time, except when there's dress code that demands otherwise and I think the place/event is worth the effort. Although I don't recall wearing shorts in my maybe 70 sectors in CX F I'm fine with it. After all, in F you're pretty much in your own private space anyway - what does it matter what people do in their adjacent private-ish spaces if it doesn't impact you?

I'd much rather be in 1A with a guy in shorts in 2A than in 62A with a guy in shorts in 62B!
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
I'm actually in the pro-shorts camp. And i'm definitely guilty of using shorts while in F and J. To be frank it's just more comfortable!
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: pleb
Originally Posted by APeverell
I never wear shorts outside of my own house, except for exercising, period.
LOL what do you wear during summer?? (ok I know this is going off-topic).

Anyways at the end of the day, this is your money you're spending, why should anyone tell you how to dress. But I will say boxer/or basketball shorts aren't appropriate. This isn't just for flying in F, this is just general rule everywhere except your home and at the gym/basketball court.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:38 am

Sorry to hijack the thread but its been 2yrs since I flew CX F, Flying from ZRH-HKG in 2 weeks, do they still give you slippers or should I take my hotel pair?

Last edited by Croupier; Nov 22, 2018 at 11:44 am
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Originally Posted by Croupier
Sorry to hijack the thread but its been 2yrs since I flew CX F, Flying from ZRH-HKG in 2 weeks, do they still give you slippers or should I take my hotel pair?
Slippers are provided
Croupier likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Originally Posted by nightkhan

Anyways at the end of the day, this is your money you're spending, why should anyone tell you how to dress. But I will say boxer/or basketball shorts aren't appropriate. This isn't just for flying in F, this is just general rule everywhere except your home and at the gym/basketball court.
Something like this, they are actually quite nice. I highly recommend it
https://www.odlo.com/int/en/pants-we...ights#start=19
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, MPC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Once opened the kit has to be thrown away if you don't take it with you (health and safety considerations). I'd reckon most people take them, if not for themselves then for gifts. You see a few left behind, but not all that many.
I see! I didn't know this at that time. (That was my first time long haul J travel. :-) ) 3 weeks after, I did travel in J again and I did take my kit this time. And yes, like you said, I tried to see how many people had left those behind and I didn't see many. So, I don't feel too bad now.

I have a few more J trips coming up, I guess I am going to start collecting these and gift! :-) Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: AA Plat, MPC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by nightkhan

Considering where I live (southwest US) and the countries I travel for work (southeast asia) I am highly likely to be in shorts. In winters (northern) I actually change to shorts either in planes or in lounges before boarding a flight to the tropical countries so I am not miserable after I land. Haven't flown in F yet, but if I ever get an op-up to F (highly unlikely), the chances are that I will be in shorts!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
I would not wear shorts on a plane because I'm a germaphobe. I can't even begin to imagine how dirty airplane seats are.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
Folks,

I guess I will dress appropriately when flying in First Class Cabin. From your feedback it reminds me as a kid, long long time ago, in the early 80s, my mom took me to Peninsula hotel's lobby for afternoon tea. She forced me to dress as if I am going to church on Sunday. I was like just a ten years old kid on a school holiday. It's a tradition our family dressed like going to formal function when going to Church on Sunday. No jean, shorts, T-Shirt, sneaker, etc...... During the afternoon tea, we bumped to 周潤發, he was wearing jeans, T-Shirt and sneaker. He and his party were talking loudly, getting everyone's attention and the Peninsula lobby staffs were hosting them happily, even sitting with a leg on the chair's arm rest. I as a kid argued with my mom and she answer, ' He's 人 '

My plan for using the First Class lounge when I depart HKG, hope it won't be too much. I'm sure this will be my 1st and last opportunity to use the First Class Lounge. Don't get me wrong, I love Cathay's Business class lounge..... One of the reason I insisted to maintain at least a Silver is lounge access and priority baggage..... I can be out of the SFO/HKG/TPE/SIN/PEK waiting for transportation in 25 mins from the aircraft's door open for disembarking, to immigration, luggage collection, custom...... And I don't usually fly in J
  1. 2 - 3:30pm late lunch(full Restaurant style, not buffet) @ The Pier
  2. 3:30 - 5pm Relaxing @ the Pier's "The Retreat Day Suit", I doubt I will sleep well during the night before having count down in TST and won't be back to hotel in Causeway Bay by 3am. The crowd, the traffic after midnight and may even have supper before heading back. I remember last year it took me more than one and a half hour just to squeeze into TST MTR station
  3. 5 - 5:30pm Hang out at the bar or explore the lounge
  4. 5:30 - 7:30pm Shopping Duty Free and heading to The Wing First Class Lounge
  5. 7:30 - 9pm Dinner(full Restaurant style, not buffet) @ The Wing
  6. 9 - 10:30pm Bath @ Cabana
  7. 10:30 - 12am Relax then head to Gate for departure
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:33 pm

Don't forget to sign up for the massage in the Pier.

The Pier's Day Suite is nice for looking out at the planes, it is quiet and you have your own little cubicle.

You should totally do the half day in the airport, just for once. If you do lounges frequently enough you'll get bored, but if you want to do it, why not!
(And, just for kicks you can try to go to all the lounges!)

You should definitely get a cabana in The Wing because the experience of showering without an enclosure is superb!

And in contrast to what others write, the worse you dress the more people will know you are in first class
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by s0ssos
You should definitely get a cabana in The Wing because the experience of showering without an enclosure is superb!
That actually made me laugh! If there's one thing I can't stand about the cabanas, it's the showers!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
That actually made me laugh! If there's one thing I can't stand about the cabanas, it's the showers!
Hey, you're not the one cleaning it up!

I guess you don't like the cool air. It is like whether you use the cold bath in the hot spring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.