Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX715 - no entertainment on board

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LondonElite
There is no such thing as EC rules. EC261, which is what I was quoting as a reference bar for real complaints, is a European Union law framework setting out compensation in the eve of denied boarding, downgrades, cancellations, and delays. It has nothing to do with IFE and so forth. This is why I'm perplexed that this is raised.
The only reason it was raised is you raised EC 261 which I was referencing in that you seem to believe if it's not part of the Contract of Carriage, Geneva Convention or EC 261 or other governmental regulations it is too small to complain about. I would say if CX is handing out $100 vouchers they must have felt that there was a service letdown of some significance. And yes, I agree it would be frivolous to expect compensation if you don't like the soap or toilet paper, but others may disagree with us, and some airlines might offer some compensation, although I would imagine it is much less likely than lack of expected IFE.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rivarix
But I do believe there's a minimum level of service/product that one should expect an FSC to provide (and an LCC should not be the baseline).
Very well said! ^
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cambo
On the other hand, better no IFE, then a delayed flight, tbh.
Incidentally for that day, I would be returning home to an empty house as family are currently abroad. I had checked in early and if the entertainment problem was advised to me at check-in, I could have chosen the earlier flight. Or as I was in no rush to get home, I could have even delayed my departure to the next red-eye flight (with a good 5 hours hopping between a Cabana in The Wing and tasting all the dishes in The Pier First).
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I get your frustration, but CX doesn't promise that you'll be in a mobile cinema for four hours. They promise to get you from A to B more or less on time. A service recovery is certainly appropriate, of course, but let's not read more into it than that.
I'm not complaining about the service recovery provided, but one would argue that CX does promise a "mobile cinema" for the flight's duration... with a whole website dedicated to CX Entertainment that invites passengers to "see what's on your coming flight"!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Is there any service or product failure for which you think that compensation is not necessary?
Originally Posted by Rivarix
Things that are not within CX's control.
Thanks for the clarification. We just disagree. Technically CX has control over everything but things like airport management problems, other carrier problems (like an aircraft fire, such as BA at LAS) and weather. But sometimes mechanical problems just happen, unpredictably, despite the best maintenance practices. Under your definition, that's within CX's control; but I'm willing to make some allowance for things like that.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Nov 12, 2018 at 4:58 pm
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Incidentally for that day, I would be returning home to an empty house as family are currently abroad. I had checked in early and if the entertainment problem was advised to me at check-in, I could have chosen the earlier flight. Or as I was in no rush to get home, I could have even delayed my departure to the next red-eye flight (with a good 5 hours hopping between a Cabana in The Wing and tasting all the dishes in The Pier First).
Yes, though it could very well be, either the aircraft you flew on was not yet assigned at the moment of your check-in or the IFE might not have been broken (or unknown to CX on the ground) at that moment or you got a plane with a broken IFE swapped in for a security wise broken aircraft, to avoid further delays for that flight as well as the ripple on effect for the remainder of the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.