Wiki Posts
Search

Through check issue

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum
Through check issue

I have BA LHR-HKG booked in the New Year as part of a 165k oneworld J award.

Need to get from MAD to LHR using BA or IB, but of course both those airlines have a strict policy against through-checking on separate tickets.

Is there a way to buy a revenue fare to graft it on to my oneworld explorer ticket so it is considered as part of one reservation and I can through-check at MAD?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
It looks like the whole ticket is issued by CX/asiamiles. Then you can call AM/MPC to add a reward booking segment into the itinerary and ticket that segment separately. CX is probably going to be reluctant to add a revenue segment to a reward booking and use BA/IB fares to ticket that...
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shd9
It looks like the whole ticket is issued by CX/asiamiles. Then you can call AM/MPC to add a reward booking segment into the itinerary and ticket that segment separately. CX is probably going to be reluctant to add a revenue segment to a reward booking and use BA/IB fares to ticket that...
That's correct. So I would just pay AM for the MAD-LHR segment I gather?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Isochronous
That's correct. So I would just pay AM for the MAD-LHR segment I gather?
Yes, and the associated taxes. You need to mention to the agent that you are not changing the existing award, but merely adding a segment into the PNR and ticketing that segment.

You may also be able to claim back from UK luxury departure tax I believe.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:10 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Yes, and the associated taxes. You need to mention to the agent that you are not changing the existing award, but merely adding a segment into the PNR and ticketing that segment.

You may also be able to claim back from UK luxury departure tax I believe.
Been there done that (isochronous - adding the JL domestic from a couple of weeks back). Was charged a whopping 12,000 AM per tix as a cancel and reissue for the privilege, and the award miles and taxes was recalculated and recharged.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

If they charge cancel/reissue fees then may not be worth - in any event there is no longer availability on my dates, it would seem, so the point has become moot.

Can I still get LHR departure tax refunded if I am on 2 separate tickets?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Can I still get LHR departure tax refunded if I am on 2 separate tickets?
Originally Posted by nux
APD is due unless connecting (<24hrs) on one ticket or conjunction tickets.

The connected flights must be detailed on the same ticket or conjunction tickets to qualify for the exemption.
See: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nected-flights
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith
Been there done that (isochronous - adding the JL domestic from a couple of weeks back). Was charged a whopping 12,000 AM per tix as a cancel and reissue for the privilege, and the award miles and taxes was recalculated and recharged.
No way! Maybe this is a recent restriction after the AM changes? I have many times requested CX to add an AA domestic segment to my existing award booking and ticket that segment only (as opposed to change the existing booking because that would go over the 7500mi band). They had always been able to to that...

If CX wants to charge me 12000AM to change that ticket, I would paobably just get a JAL explorer’s pass for 100USD. JL through checks baggage across PNR anyways
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold

No way! Maybe this is a recent restriction after the AM changes? I have many times requested CX to add an AA domestic segment to my existing award booking and ticket that segment only (as opposed to change the existing booking because that would go over the 7500mi band). They had always been able to to that...

If CX wants to charge me 12000AM to change that ticket, I would paobably just get a JAL explorer’s pass for 100USD. JL through checks baggage across PNR anyways

yes that had been done before. seems like you 2 are trying to do different things.
PS: Isochronus how long is your LHR layover/transit
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
To those who have done that, and to the mods, perhaps a how-to, about adding a new ticket to an AM booking is worthy of a thread of its own- given the oneworld interlining issues?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:24 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jagmeets
To those who have done that, and to the mods, perhaps a how-to, about adding a new ticket to an AM booking is worthy of a thread of its own- given the oneworld interlining issues?
You are welcome to create a wikipost / thread yourself that everyone can contribute to.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by jagmeets
Only new AM ticket to an existing AM booking...no Avios ticket to AM booking, or revenue ticket to AM booking.

And such an add might not trigger the YQ recalculation that isochronous was hoping to achieve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.