Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A333 on HKG-CAN! Isn't it insane?!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by Raul_R

WHY you concider Finnair as world-class airline?!
At least with business class if compare to ALL Gulf and Asian carriers and also LH or LO from Europe, by my pereonal experience Finnair is just BIG JOKE.
Finnair has been a very good airline for my short / long haul trip I did earlier from India to Geneva. Lack of entertainment options but compare that to China big 3 or Indian airlines.....
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: Finnair Gold, Lufthansa FTL, FlyingBlue Silver
As the OP seems to be a frequent flyer on SU.
SU and FV could easily use more 320s or SSJ to Sochi in summer, as it is a short haul with less than 2 hours flight time. But they use their biggest equipment, why? Because the demand is there. And so must be between HKG and CAN.
Actually with the arrival bank in HKG, 250 seats are still not many to fill.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Finnair has been a very good airline for my short / long haul trip I did earlier from India to Geneva. Lack of entertainment options but compare that to China big 3 or Indian airlines.....
shina3 or indian airlines are hardly world class mate.
but ive heard ppl saying ay is neck n neck w cx if not better. maybe thats the state cx is in now
Old Oct 27, 2018, 12:35 am

What about widebodys on short domestic routes? 744 BKK-HKT many days, same for GMP-CJU/PUS. 'In Finland they'd take the train'
kaka likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by miklcct
The intra-Europe route I have taken using propeller was HEL-VNO, connecting the CAPITALS of two sovereign states, and this isn't so short, much longer than HKG-CAN!
Come back here once you have looked up how big the population is in HKG/CAN vs HEL/VNO. That may give you a clue to the difference in aircraft types used.
R2, moondog and HaikalS like this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by B747forever
Come back here once you have looked up how big the population is in HKG/CAN vs HEL/VNO. That may give you a clue to the difference in aircraft types used.
Just the city of HK is more than the population of entire Finland.
cheung.chunyuenc likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Are we FINISH with this discussion yet?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:30 am

Even not only for this 1 route, KA should use narrow-body aircraft instead because all its routes are short-haul.
I wouldn’t say BLR is short haul? LOL
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by xuukgo

I wouldn’t say BLR is short haul? LOL
I believe it is still flyable by an A321?! 80% of its range, OK?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:02 am

To be honest, OP has to think wider towards KA and CX operations, in terms of time, slots, convenience, market, equipment, experience, etc.

I have heard OP has been repositioning from HKG to CAN in the past few months, is that for the KA flight?

honestly, I think KA and CX did the right thing. Minimizing the connections time of most passengers in a single widebody flight.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by cheung.chunyuenc
To be honest, OP has to think wider towards KA and CX operations, in terms of time, slots, convenience, market, equipment, experience, etc.

I have heard OP has been repositioning from HKG to CAN in the past few months, is that for the KA flight?

honestly, I think KA and CX did the right thing. Minimizing the connections time of most passengers in a single widebody flight.
I did that to take advantage of price differential between HKG/CAN on a long-haul route to Europe. Some European hubs are served from both HKG and CAN with very similar timing. Under ABSOLUTELY NO circumstances I will reposition to CAN and take CAN-HKG KA flight.

AY's HEL-TKU/TMP are comparable to KA's HKG-CAN, which mainly only serve connecting passengers as people on the ground take buses, with similar distances. However, they are operated 5 times a day by propellers. I went to Turku earlier this year, but because no good fare was found to TKU and the schedule didn't match even with 5 departures per day (I took SU2200 to HEL), I ended up taking a direct airport bus from HEL to Turku for less than €20 single-trip.

By only offering 2 departures a day on CAN-HKG, most passengers will take high-speed rail in order to take flights from Hong Kong instead, especially we can connect to Airport Express at West Kowloon Station. The morning CAN-HKG flight arrives HK just before noon, and I don't know how it can minimise the connection time for most passengers, especially departing at noon for medium-haul is considered extremely bad timing because a working day is wasted.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

By only offering 2 departures a day on CAN-HKG, most passengers will take high-speed rail in order to take flights from Hong Kong instead, especially we can connect to Airport Express at West Kowloon Station.
You better warn CX/KA about this impending doom. Also advise them to stock up on Dash 8s, the future of the PRD.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:12 am
Suspended

I did that to take advantage of price differential between HKG/CAN on a long-haul route to Europe. Some European hubs are served from both HKG and CAN with very similar timing. Under ABSOLUTELY NO circumstances I will reposition to CAN and take CAN-HKG KA flight.

AY's HEL-TKU/TMP are comparable to KA's HKG-CAN, which mainly only serve connecting passengers as people on the ground take buses, with similar distances. However, they are operated 5 times a day by propellers. I went to Turku earlier this year, but because no good fare was found to TKU and the schedule didn't match even with 5 departures per day (I took SU2200 to HEL), I ended up taking a direct airport bus from HEL to Turku for less than €20 single-trip.

By only offering 2 departures a day on CAN-HKG, most passengers will take high-speed rail in order to take flights from Hong Kong instead, especially we can connect to Airport Express at West Kowloon Station. The morning CAN-HKG flight arrives HK just before noon, and I don't know how it can minimise the connection time for most passengers, especially departing at noon for medium-haul is considered extremely bad timing because a working day is wasted.
you are so correct. so many chinese conencts to HKIA thru the so called XRL. that flight must be doomed and will be shut soon.

so? Im not a shareholder, i dont fly the route, chances are that they wont move that flight to one that i can use for those slots.
How shall i care?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:44 am

you are very "right",
Please kindly request HKIA to offer more departure and landing slots to CX/KA for the use of short distance small aircraft and frequent connecting flights to/from/via HKG
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cheung.chunyuenc
you are very "right",
Please kindly request HKIA to offer more departure and landing slots to CX/KA for the use of short distance small aircraft and frequent connecting flights to/from/via HKG
seriously, i hate this.
when airline flies multiple 320 then can fill up a 777/359. save up the bloody slots so there are less delays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.