Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:52 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Bonus miles for CX Holidays packages

When you book CX holidays packages, they often include 2000 (or some other amount) bonus asia miles.

Does anyone know if these miles are credited separately to the flights? For example, would you get the bonus asia miles if you ended up crediting the flights to a different program?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:03 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
They certainly show as a separate "transaction" in your statement, which would suggest so, but I've never tried crediting the flights elsewhere so I can't be sure.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:36 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Do you remember if they credit at the same time or whether the points related to the package credit soon after purchase?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 6:31 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I'm not sure (and I can't immediately locate the statement that would tell me) but my gut feeling is that they credited after the event.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Some data for you from my recent CX Holidays booking:

Package in July 2016
Bonus miles credited mid August
Old Sep 6, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Bonus AM generally credits between 2 - 6 weeks after, although I think CX's T&C's make provisions for up to 3 months.

You can credit the flights to a different FFP it doesn't affect these bonus miles if you have your AM on the initial booking and change at the lounge / gate.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: CX Gold
5th - Trip departure date
7th - Trip return date
25th - CX Holidays bonus miles credit date

20 days apart for me.

Note: I believe you need to complete both flights to earn the bonus miles.

Last edited by dunflyer; Sep 7, 2016 at 1:05 am Reason: Added more info
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Could I sanity check this one, and whether it has changed in the last few years. I have booked numerous cathay packages, often with bonus miles and I use my Asia Miles number. However after booking I change my FFP to be my BA one (mainly for seat/lounge access & selection). I don't appear to have had any bonus miles post, even though I took the flights (note, often I don't bother with the hotel since I choose to stay in one where I get my status benefits instead, but I don't believe they can check that part).

I am not sure if it is worth a paper form filling in to claim back, also as I don't really remember which ones gave bonus miles and which ones didn't, but I would go through the hassle if I did really deserve them.

As a caveat - I didn't really expect these to post and they weren't an influence in my buying decision, hence not really bothering in the past, however it would be nice to have the extra 5k/2k bonuses occasionally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.