Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

HKG First Class Lounge Access Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:04 am
Original Poster

I am flying LAX to SYD with CX on a First Class ticket through HKG. Could not grab an award ticket out of HKG the same day so I am stuck there for 2 days. Can I access the First Class Arrivals lounges upon arrival in HKG without a same day departure ticket? If so, how is this done without having to go through security again (which will not work since I wont have a departing ticket)? I have plenty of time to kill and never experienced their First class lounges. THanks.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: pleb
Please check wiki for lounge info, all the basics are covered there and a quick search will turn up multiple posts:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...s-newbies.html

And FYI it's just a regular arrivals lounge after exiting airside, nothing special. The F lounges you're asking about are on the departure side and no you won't be able to access when your next flight is two days later.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Just to make clear what nightkhan says above, you won't have access to F lounges on your departure to SYD (or, obviously your arrival to HKG...they are departure lounges). You must be transiting same day to get access. I do know of instances where exceptions have been made for cash pax, but I haven't heard of a single one on here where award pax like yourself are let in. Just to be clear the rules are unambiguous you're not supposed to get entry a) if second flight is long haul, and b) if not same day. CX is very lenient with A. But not with B, unless you're on a cash F ticket.

You WILL have access to The Arrival, a kinda crappy but functional arrival lounge which is available to all J and F pax, plus various status pax.

HKG has some of, if not the best J lounges in the world. If you have status or are flying to SYD in J, then you'll be just fine. Visit Pier J it is stunning. Also, always appreciated when you search as the poster above recommends.....this is a very common question!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Thank you both!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by QRC3288
You WILL have access to The Arrival, a kinda crappy but functional arrival lounge which is available to all J and F pax, plus various status pax.!
Unless you arrive after 5 November, in which case this lounge will be closed.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by beach86
Unless you arrive after 5 November, in which case this lounge will be closed.
wow...just saw the other thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.